ix. jealousy

Chapter 9
"Jealousy"

Sarah slowly opened her eyelids and saw Richie changing quickly into his clothes for the day

She laughed at him as he noticed her watching him and fell to the ground.

"Good morning hot stuff."
She said teasingly to him as he blushed furiously at her. He smiled meekly and got back up as she began to brush her teeth.

"Hey.... isn't your Mom gonna be worried?"

She looked at him with a single eye brow raised.

"My Mom? No way. She wouldn't even notice if I moved to Canada."
She said as she resumed brushing her teeth again.

"....that's my tooth brush."

She stopped and looked at the brush.

They both erupted into laughter as she began to laugh so hard that she had to spit out the remaining tooth paste in her mouth.

She sat back down on the bed and looked at the ceiling.

They stared at each other in silence as Richie sat down next to her. His hand inched closer to her as they began to lean in.

He grabbed her hand, and was about to kiss her when -

SLAM!

The door burst open to reveal the Losers.

They spun around with blushing cheeks and wide eyes. Without thinking Sarah jumped up and hit her head on the ceiling fan.

"JESUS CHRIST!"

She yelled as she rubbed the back of her head.

Eddie, Stan, and Bill stood in shock.

Beverly had a huge grin spread across her face.

Richie stood up and tried to change the subject as Stan tried desperately to get the image of them-

"GUYS!"

He screamed as they all changed their focus to him.

"What is so important?"

"W-well we-w thought that we should go scope things out. B-by the sew-sewers."
Eddie said, still staring at Sarah's sweat shirt.