PROLOGUE

Trail Of Deceptions©

1st Book in the Rocking R Series

Sam's Story

PROLOGUE

Boston 1890

"She's a beautiful woman and she plays magnificently."

"Yes, Arthur was so hoping that once Victoria experienced a season with his he would be able to convince her to stay. Unfortunately she will be returning to her home in a few months."

"Will she be performing there?"

"No, Victoria's home is on a ranch somewhere out west.  Arthur thinks it is a waste of a great gift."

'Yes, it is hard to believe someone with that much talent would give it all up. Will I meet her later at the party?" He most diffidently wanted to meet this tall beautiful voluptuous woman.

"No. Victoria never attends them. She always returns directly to her home after she's finished playing for the night."

"Victoria Blake. I will have to remember that name. My travels take me to many places in the west. Maybe our paths with cross someday. I've enjoyed listening to her playing tonight and I have a friend that I know would want to hear her."

"How long are you planning on staying in town this time?"

"I'm leaving for San Francisco first thing in the morning my business is finished here."

He watched the beautiful redhead as she took a bow before coming backstage. She walked right passed him to where a man held a wrap for her and then left getting into a waiting coach outside at the back of the concert hall.

He knew he would never forget those dark green eyes of hers and wished she had stopped long enough for the conductor's wife to introduce her to him.

Victoria Blake

He knew he would never forget her.