His Fortunate Misfortunes

Miss Soul Eater, Won’t You Kiss Me?

Chapter 2

*********

Recap:

He groaned sitting back up looking down at me, “So what your telling me is you are a hobo”

“What’s a hobo?” I said tilting my head to my side.

He huffed, “Let’s take you to the hospital, something is seriously messed up in the brain of yours”

I frowned puffing up my cheeks; my brain is not messed up! But then it dawned me.

 “What’s a hospital?”

**********

~* Mitchell’s P.o.v*~

What’s a hospital? Is she serious? Fuck maybe I really did hit her, there is no way someone can be that clueless. Suddenly my phone started ringing loudly, I saw in the corner of my eyes that she jumped to the sound of my phone. I whipped it out answering it.

“Yea?” I said full of frustration.

“Where the hell are you, your food is getting cold. If you aren’t back here in 30 minutes I’m giving your dinner to Bacon” My sister yelled at me, I had to pull the phone away from my ear just to keep my ability to hear.

Damn it, “Then just give the damned dog my food I won’t be home for a while, I ran into some…….complications” I said while glancing over at the strange brown haired girl sitting in my car looking at me with wide eyes. Don’t tell me she has never seen a phone?

“Fine, you better have the house key because, I’m locking the door and not getting up to open it for you, night” My sister said with authority in her voice then hanging up on me.

“You have a fairy trapped in a box?” She said at me with shocked expression.

I raised an eyebrow, ok she must be playing me. Fairies don’t exist. “No this is my phone not a fairy”

She pouted making a cute expression. Wait no no no she is just a stupid girl, I’m taking to the hospital, after I drop her off I’m ditching her and going back home.

“Your small box lite up like a fairy would and it even spoke back.” She frowned crossing her arms. Her cheeks puffed up. I wanted to laugh at how she looked but, decided against it.

We finally made it to the emergency building; I pulled up in the drop off section, putting the car in park.

“Ok get off and go inside, get yourself checked out” I said unlocking the doors; I looked towards her to see confusion set on her face. Really?

“Look you have to get out of my car, I need to get home.” I groaned.

I watched her gulp, her eyes were filled with worry, “O-ok” She said, staring at me.

“Well~ get off” I urged her.

“How do I get out of here?” I raised an eyebrow, I sighed unbuckling my seatbelt then leaning over her, I felt her eyes piercing my back with her gaze, I felt her suck in a breath when I grazed her stomach. I pulled the door handle pushing it open.

“There you go” I pulled back replacing myself into my seat. She looked over at me for a moment searching my eyes; after she seemed satisfied, she nodded towards me then stepped out of my car.

I watched her place her hat down on her head looking forward, looking nervous as hell. I managed to hear her whisper, ‘Alright Ashlynn you can do this, you got this far, no turning back’