“How did Charlotte do in treatment today?” Aiden asked.

“She’s okay. Nick said she was handling it better than the last go around of chemo. Only two more treatments until she starts radiation.”

Charlotte had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer six months ago and the chemo has been rough on her. I hadn’t seen her since the diagnosis and it make me feel like a crappy friend. Although she assured me there was no need to rush to her side, I still felt a need to do something.

She currently lived back in our hometown with Nick. They’d both broken up when they went to different colleges, and after they returned home, they went out on a date and the connection was still there. They’d been going strong ever since and that had been only a year ago. Nick proved to be her hero through all of this, keeping up with her treats, medicine and al things cancer.

We’re all very thankful it hadn’t progressed any further than strange two. The doctor’s suspect after her treatments she’ll be just fine.

I hope that’s true.

“I told her we’d by in December and promised I’d make up for being absent all this time.”

Aiden raised an eyebrow at me. “Are you sure two weeks is enough time to do that?”

“Any time is enough for her. She’ll be glad just to see us again.”

After all the time she’d spent begging me to come home I owed it to her. Every chance we got to talk we chatted till our ears hurt. Unfortunately we didn’t get to talk as much as I liked. We were lucky if our schedules allowed more than three conversations a month.

Our conversations usually consisted of people we’d  went to school with that had moved back or what they were doing now. Nick kept in contact with some of his friends after high school, a lot more than Charlotte and I did.

Charity still lived in our town working as a part time waitress at Olive Garden while she continues to go to the local campus. Cameron also lives there now and is married to a girl he met in college. According to Charlotte who heard from Nick, they are expecting their first child in May. I couldn’t be happier for him. He deserves to be happy.

Other than them I haven’t heard about anyone else. I suppose when our reunion comes up in a few years we’ll know then.

Aiden wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. “I forgot to tell you, your mom called while you were unpacking earlier. You left your phone in the truck.”

I leaned into him and inhaled his heady scent. “What did she say?”

“Call your dad. He’s worried you he hasn’t heard from you in a week.”

Mom and Dad were friends now. It’s the most I could have hoped for them. I’d like to think I had something to do with that. By us finding each other again after seven years, it reunited my family. It may not be in the traditional way, but they were both happy now. Much happier than when they were together.

“I’ll get on that,” I said.

“You better or we just might find him on our doorstep in the morning,” Aiden laughed.

“Well, at least he’d be able to finally see New York in person.”

“At least there’s that,” he grinned.

By the time Aiden and I finished up on the room it was dark and the bed was calling to me. I was exhausted. With the room mostly finished now, I felt that I could sleep.  Another thing to mark off my to-do list.

After we both readied ourselves for bed, I crashed. I was nearly out by the time my head touched the pillow. If it weren’t for Aiden’s soothingly rubbing my arm I wouldn’t know I was still awake. I pried open an eye to stare at him despite my drowsiness and noticed the glee in his eyes as he stared back at me. My curiosity was piqued.

“What?” I asked him.

“You can’t go to sleep yet. We still have to celebrate.”

“We do?”

He nodded.

I rubbed my eyes and sat upright on the bed.  “Okay. What are we celebrating?”

“The good news.” He lifted my hand and kissed the top of my knuckles. “The doctor also called today while you were unpacking.”

I was instantly awake then.  “And?”

“He said he had some good news for us,” Aiden smiled.

I smiled too. “Really?”

“Yep. He said he’d be happy to tell us tomorrow during normal business hours.”

My heart was starting to race now. My whole body tingled with anticipation.

I couldn’t be, could it? Are we finally getting everything we’ve wished for?

“Do you think-”

He wrapped his arm around me, pulled me to his chest and nodded. “I do, Bay. I do. And if I’m right, I’m the happiest person in the world right now.” His and rested on my stomach and he patted it. Then with a whisper he said, “I love you.”

Those three little words brought a bright smile to my face. Three words I would never get tired of hearing. “And I love you,” I said. “Forever and Always.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE END.

Yep, that’s right. The end has come. I’m truly sorry it took me so long to finish the book. Time is not something easy to come by for me anymore. I sincerely hope you have enjoyed taking this journey with Aiden and Bay and have grown to love them as much as I have. Your support has been magnificent and will never be forgotten.

I will not be continuing this story any further, unfortunately. I feel like it is completed now and there is nothing more left to tell. But as long as you have your imagination, let it take you where it may. Aiden and Bay can forever live your minds.

I hope the chapter has answered all your questions. However, if it hasn’t, feel free to ask me your questions in the comments and I’ll get around to answering them as soon as I can.

Thanks so much for sticking with me so long. You are all amazing to me. Truly the best fans a girl could ask for.

xoxo Brittany