The After

Morning sunlight peeks through the windows of the trailer. The air outside feels crisp and cool with the scent of golden nectar and spicy green herbs in the breeze.

Cristina slowly woke up, feeling relaxed and refreshed. She becomes confused as she feels the surface beneath her rising and falling. She realizes she fell asleep on top of Owen - he was still deep in his sleep, with what almost appeared to be a slight smile on his face. His breath tickled her skin with each exhale.

Ugh, of course you did. You slept with Owen, she talks to herself. What did you expect?

Cristina looks around deciding between slipping out of the trailer as if nothing happened, getting up and leaving him a note, or waking him up.

Last night was incredible. Both their minds and bodies connected and it was unlike any other. She didn't know how badly she needed to be with him until she did. The more she thought about it the harder it became for her to regret it. Her thoughts shifted to Amelia.

This isn't an affair, right? I mean, they're getting a divorce.

Her eyes return to him and she chuckles. He looked so peaceful just lying there in his sleep.

Cristina then does the unexpected - instead of silently escaping the comfort of the trailer or waking a sleepy Owen, she gently rests her head upon his bare chest, returning to her original position. A smile creeps on her face. She is content.

_________________________

"YOU SLEPT WITH OWEN!?"

"Shut up!" Cristina's eyes widened as she tried to get Meredith to lower her voice. She was afraid people would hear and spread gossip throughout the hospital.

"You know, I should be surprised but I'm really not." She took a deep breath. "But I AM! Cristina, do you understand what you just did?"

"What? Did what?"

"You've started this thing all over again."

"I did not! It was one night. One amazing night but this isn't going to be a routine or anything. It happened and it's over." Cristina tried to reassure herself more so than Meredith.

"I don't know... I've seen how you guys work." Mer continued apprehensively. "You get back together, break up and swear it won't happen again. And it does."

"We're not together together."

"Mhm." No matter what Cristina said, Meredith knew better. She knew not to trust Cristina's word when it came to Owen. They always said it was the end and they always got back together.

"Anyway, I gotta go to the hospital. Are you gonna-," she stopped herself. Cristina's face fell. "Sorry."

"It's fine... I just don't know what to do." Cristina was supposed to operate on Elliot and help him with post-op after it was done. But since he had died, plans have obviously changed.

"Are you sure you want to leave immediately?"

"That was the plan."

"Maybe you can stay and actually assign yourself to some surgeries. I'm sure if you talk to Bailey she wouldn't hesitate to let you stay. It's good press for the hospital. "Harper Avery winner- Cristina Yang returns to Grey-Sloan Memorial to perform surgeries"... I can already see it in the headlines now."

That made Cristina laugh. "Sure, I guess I can do that."

"Told ya you wouldn't be so quick to leave."

______________________

A/N

Sorry about the really short chapter but I thought it was cute haha