Sweet Emotion

Owen was asleep in an on-call room. He and Amelia had been actively avoiding each other so it's been days since he has slept in his own bed. The door abruptly opened.

Cristina walked in rubbing her eyes and yawning. She turned the lights on before realizing the room was taken and quickly shutting them back off. Owen jolted awake and was in a dazed state.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!" She frantically placed her hand on her forehead.

"Uh, its fine, its fine," he assured while slowly sitting up.

"No, I should've checked. I'll find another one," she simply stated.

"You don't have to go," he called out as she was about to leave. "I should be up anyway. I have a patient to check up on."

"Oh. Okay."

She unexpectedly let out a laugh.

"What is it?" He side-eyed her.

"It's nothing, really," she waved her hand in protest.

"What?" He really wanted to know now.

"It's just that... It's not the first time we've been in this situation."

Owen was still obviously confused.

Cristina, getting the message, smirked and pulled her curly black hair up as if to put it into a ponytail. She waited for him to understand.

"Ohhhh," Owen finally realized. "Back of the neck," he murmured. They smiled at each other while reminiscing. She was referring to the time she walked in on him sleeping in an on-call room and they both insisted on letting the other stay. He commented that she should wear her hair up more often and they playfully flirted all throughout the day. The relationship was just starting back then.

"So, I guess I'll stay," Cristina spoke up to break the silence. He was still smiling at her.

"Yep, I have a patient to go to. See you later," he responded while getting up.

"Bye." As he walked past his hands slightly brushed hers by accident.

"Take care now," she sighed to herself.

-----------------------------------------------

"Cristina Yang is in the hospital?!" Cross exclaimed.

"Yes! I haven't seen her yet but I overheard Dr. Grey saying she's been here for like two days now. You'd think she was hiding somewhere or something," another intern replied.

"I have to see her!"

"What makes you think she'd wanna meet you, Cross?" She scoffed.

"I happen to be very charming. I'd walk up to her and say-"

"Walk up to who?" Stephanie Edwards asked. Jo Wilson walked beside her and was curious as well.

"He's freaking out about Dr. Cristina Yang being at the hospital," the other intern informed her.

"Yang?" Her voice elevated. "I used to be her intern. She's amazing; sometimes when we watched in the gallery we would see her go over procedures in her head. She's a perfectionist. I printed one of her sample conduits. I don't think she liked me very much though."

"I don't think she liked any of us," Jo chimed in.

"Wait, so she was an attending at this hospital while you guys were interns?" Cross was enamored.

"Yes, she was," Stephanie gloated.