●18. New Year●

30th December, 2015

It had been two weeks since Rishaan rejoined his office. He had piles of paper work to do. It was so tiring for any other man, but for him, it was refreshing.

It was seven pm when Rishaan checked his wrist watch. He closed the file he was reviewing and put it in the cupboard. He stood up, locked his cabin and left for home.

In half an hour Rishaan was home. Amaya, Ansh and Disha were already waiting for him so they could have their dinner together. Rishaan directly went upstairs and freshened up quickly. He changed into blue coloured full sleeve t-shirt and grey pants. He went downstairs and found them already on the dining table.

"What's the dinner for today?" Rishaan asked, settling down on his chair.

"Baingan Ka Bharta. [A vegetarian dish that is prepared by mincing eggplant that is grilled over charcoal or direct fire.]" Amaya replied, making a blank face.

The expressions on Rishaan's face were priceless. He had made such an ugly face.

"Eww! I don't want to eat then." Rishaan made an awful face.

There was silence for whole two minutes and then suddenly, Amaya, Disha and Ansh started laughing loudly at him. Rishaan looked at them, one by one, cluelessly.

"Mamma has made Pasta." Disha giggled as she said.

"Red sauce Pasta." Ansh added, licking his upper lip.

Rishaan looked at Amaya, she was sitting there silently and enjoying teasing him. She wasn't laughing at him but the laugh was in her eyes.

"Sorry!" Amaya mouthed, holding her left ear.

Rishaan's face was all blank as if he was angry at her. Her smile disappeared as soon as she noticed him glaring at her. I shouldn't have done that. She regretted and looked down. She glanced up at him and his facial expressions were still the same. He was literally shooting death glares at her. After an awkward moment the corner of his mouth twitched into his cheek, dimpling it. It transformed him from someone cold to someone she wished she knew better. Just a smirk.

"Not done ya!" Rishaan said with the same smirk. "I'll definitely take my revenge." He added and Amaya chuckled. "I'm so hungry, give me food or... " He smirked and she let out a little laugh.

Amaya served Pasta to everyone. They had their dinner, talking about everything and anything, and laughing. Amaya collected all the plates once they were done and put them in the sink. She cleaned the dining table while Rishaan sat with the kids, watching some cartoons. Amaya washed all the plates and then cleaned the platform. As she was going to turn the lights off, she heard someone ringing the doorbell.

Who could be here at this time? Amaya thought and walked out of the kitchen. Rishaan had already reached at the door and was just going to open it. He opened the door and stood there, totally surprised.

"Dad?" Rishaan was surprised. "What a surprise!" He said and hugged him.

"We just met in the office." Rajeev chuckled. "Now let me in." He said with a little laugh and Rishaan moved aside. "Hey, don't close the door. Your mom and Adi are also coming." Rishaan's face fell. He didn't want his mother to ruin everything, again. He was happy with his new family then why?