Fun's Act

Silence.

That's what greeted Jack when he awoke.

Pure silence. That is what it seemed, but he knew better. This was just the calm before the storm.

(But strong the storm will be is hard to tell.) He thought as he quietly made his way to the sick bay. (The others can feel it, I can tell. They know the storm is coming. No doubt they will think Danny is at the center of it all.) Jack stopped for a second as a gloomy atmosphere formed around him. (Not that they wouldn't be wrong with that thought process.)

"Oh Manny, just what did I do to be in this fine mess." He whispered before pulling himself out of his gloom. "What's done is done, and nothing can change it."

Jack continued making his way to the infirmity, not noticing the witness to his little breakdown.

It took only five minutes to reach the infirmity, but the minutes seemed to drag themselves to Jack. He softly knocked on the door. When no answer came, he quietly entered the room. He almost burst out laughing at the picture before him. Danny was curled up in the pale blue blankets so that the only thing you could see was a mess of black hair and pale skin.

(He looks human now.) Jack thought as he made his way to the bed's side, pausing only when the boy turned in his sleep.

The blankets moved a bit, allowing the neck to be shown; along with a certain necklace. Moving like a ghost, Jack reached out a hand and touched his pointer finger to the snowflake pendent. The room went cold as power flowed from the winter spirit to the now glowing pendent. Once Jack retracted his hand, the room gave off the feeling of one releasing the breath it held.

Danny curled into a ball, snuggling into the comfortable blankets. "'ive 'or' 'inut's mom." He mumbled before drifting back to sleep.

Jack stood there in shock. A small, true, smile graced his face as he reached down and kissed the top of Danny's head. "Of course, Little Flack."

As silently as he had entered, Jack left the infirmity and went back to his own room. So lost in his own thoughts, he never noticed the golden shadow following him.

_______________________

Sanderson, or Sandy as he preferred to be called, was confused. He was the Guardian of Dreams, and could always tell when someone is asleep. But that boy, Sandy had never felt that boy sleep before, and for the Guardian of Good Dreams and Sleep that was really concerning. Sure, it's not surprising that the others may have forgotten or didn't know this 'Danny', it's been known to happen from time to time, but he knew every time when someone was sleep. There was a puzzle sitting in front of him, and he intended to solve it. That's why he wasn't resting like the others, not until he figured this puzzle out.

It was actually a good thing that he was not resting, for if he was, then he never would have felt it. In fact, he almost missed it. Someone was manipulating  dreams.

It took hours, but he finally found where the dreams where. Thinking the culprit to be Pitch, Sandy took off into the halls ready to fight. Imagine his surprise when, instead of the Master of Fear himself, the Sand Man found only a depressed(?) winter spirit.

"Oh Manny, just what did I do to be in this fine mess." Jack whispered as banished the depressive atmosphere. "What's done is done, and nothing can change it." He added sadly before moving on.

On, this had the Dream Weaver curious. (Where is Jack going at this time of night? And what did he mean 'what's done is done'? Did something happen?) And so, without  another thought, Sandy followed his young friend.

After a few minutes of walking, Jack stopped in front of the infirmity. He knocked, but then entered when there was no answer. He quickly closed and locked the door behind him, causing Sandy to be locked out. With nothing else to do, he hid in a corner to wait for the winter spirit. 

The feeling came swiftly, leaving the poor Guardian struggling to breath. It felt like Jack's power, but sharper and more deadly yet soft and protective at the same time. As quickly as the feeling came, it left the breathless Sand Man. 

(What the Hell was that?) The Dream Weaver cursed as he tried to catch his breath.

No sooner had he have his breathing under control Jack left the infirmity. The Dream Guardian, more on guard then when he first saw the winter spirit, followed the Fun Guardian once more. It was a few minutes before they arrived at another door, this one leading to Jack's room. Sanderson watched as the youngest Guardian entered the room North gave him. Sandy waited a few more minutes before he felt the winter spirit fall deeply asleep. For extra insurance, Sandy slipped into his room and covered the Guardian of Fun in Dream Sand.

Sandy watched in surprise as the Dream Sand took the form of the young spirit holding a bundle. Dream Jack appeared to be rocking the bundle back and forth, humming a silent tune.

(Jack?) Sandy thought as he watched the Dream Images. (Just what are you hiding from us?) His eyes widened as he watched as Dream Jack take a familiar pendent and placed it on the bundle. (And what does it have to do with are strange guest?) After watching for a few minutes, Sandy left the spirit's room and made his way to his own. (I'll tell the others tomorrow.)

______________________

I smiled as I watched Sanderson go back to his room. Out of all the Guardians, Sanderson is most likely to figure it all out first; well, either him or Aster. 

I waved my hand, causing the screen to change. I began to chuckle as Toothiana's little fairies began to search through the boxes that were a few decades older then what Danny appeared to be. One threw a box in frustration, only to be scolded by the leader of the group, I believe Jack named her Baby Tooth. (Ahh, poor fairies) I thought as the screen changed again.

This time was a darker showing. Pitch was yelling at a group of nightmares. He appeared to be even more frustrated than the fairies. It seems he discovered that they can't find any information on his new want. It also seemed that he realized that he never gave Danny any nightmares, nor has he ever tasted the child's fear before.

I sighed. (The pieces are falling into place. Now lets see if you can put the puzzle together.)