D'Lord -D-

His origins were a mystery, he'd never known his birth parents nor could they be found, he only knew the woman who's doorstep he'd been dropped on

 His origins were a mystery, he'd never known his birth parents nor could they be found, he only knew the woman who's doorstep he'd been dropped on. Lisa was an elderly woman and she'd been old as long as he could remember, her silver hair had grown thin over the years and her entire being seemed frail, her skin parchment like. Her blue eyes had dimmed from the color of the sky to the color of clouds; he listened to the heart monitor beep with every beat.

"How do you feel today momma." He whispered then bending he kissed her forehead.

This was the only mother he knew, she had never hidden the truth from him; she was gentle, kind and oh so very loving.

"My son." She forced out as she raised her weak, shaking, frail hand and arm; she wanted to touch his face. Grabbing her hand gently he placed it on his cheek where her thumb moved, rubbed gently this was how she now saw him, through touch.

"Warm as a ray of sunshine." She sighed, she'd always called him her miracle or her ray of sunshine, she'd never been able to have children and she'd never married so all alone she'd been till he came into her life. He'd always questioned it, was he a ray of sunshine or something dark and sinister that she was blind to? He felt always as if a war raged hotly within him, as if some battle raged over his very soul, and the singing so lovely yet the chants calling to him that he always heard in his head.

"You are the light my son, always the light." She whispered as if reading his thoughts her eyebrows knotting.

"Yes momma." He answered and kissed her hand just as the heart monitor went into one long, solid beep, dropping to his knees he held her hand and wept.

It's been a year since she'd passed and supposed relatives still continued crawling out of the woodwork it seemed, all trying to stake claim to some part of her wealth but she had left everything to him.

"Look Michael," he said in an exasperated tone to his lawyer, "I have no fucking clue who this Santos is, mother never mentioned him and there's not a single stitch of evidence that he even knew mother; isn't there anything I can do about these damn people hanging on the fucking doorbell!?" He nearly yelled; he'd been so angry and frustrated.

"The only thing I can suggest D'Lord is that you sale the house and all of its belongings, keep a slice for yourself then donate the rest to charities then you really have nothing for them to ask for." He said, "Oh, and move." He said as an afterthought.

Lowering his head he mulled it over, it truly seemed this was the only option left to him.

"Very well then, I'll keep some of the furnishings, all of her personal effects, then be rid of everything else...I'm sure mother would forgive me." He stated, he could almost see Lisa shaking her lovely grey head yes in his mind's eye; she never wanted him to be unhappy.

December 15th he watched the for sale sign go up outside of the old Victorian mansion and sighed deep within; he'd always called this place home and now he was forced to leave it behind.