Track 11: The Hanky Man Part 1

Start from the beginning

We all looked where Nam was looking at. It was Copper on the corner of the canteen, making fun of a freshman.

"Is that Jey?" I asked them.

"Yes!" they all looked surprised too. Among all freshmen, Jey's the last person that we thought Copper would bully. He resembles Copper, that's why.

"Let's go." Oh quickly stood and walked towards Copper. Peach Nam and I followed him too.

"Copper!" Oh shouted.

Copper stopped gripping Jey's collar and looked at Oh.

"Stay out of this, or you wanna join him?" Saunk, Lot, and Tae then blocked Copper from us. In was just standing beside Copper with his hands in his pants pockets, as if bored on what is happening.

"In!" Nam called after him. "Jey's a member of HQB! Don't you pity him?" Nam said.

"It's his fault." In answered, not meeting any of our eyes who were looking at him.

"huh?" Nam was surprised, encouraged that In's really back to Copper.

This made Oh angrier. He quickly gets past the three minions of Copper and grabbed Jey from Copper. Copper was caught by surprise and it enraged him. He instantly grabbed Oh's collar instead of Jey's and punch Oh's face that made Oh fall. I tried to help Oh but the three boys were still blocking my way and got hold of my hands. Peach and Nam were already calling for Copper's name for him to stop, but he won't. He went after Oh again and punched him the second time.

Finally, In intervened. He grabbed Copper and told him to stop, but it only made Copper angrier. He went after Oh again, but he was caught midway upon punching Oh when we all heard a teacher's whistle.

The chaos was already made. The students in the canteen are already around us and gossip on what is happening. Oh's lips were cut already, dripping fresh blood. Peach quickly went after him and helped him stand.

"Are you okay Oh?" she asked him.

In also helped Copper stand, but Copper's rage hasn't subsided yet, making him push In away. I saw how In frowned when Copper pushed him back. I almost ran after him, but then I realized that it will only make him angry.

"Why am I not surprised that it's you who's making the ruckus here?" Miss Jitra sarcastically began. Even Miss Kraimin was there. She went after In and said something to him.

"Miss Kraimin?" She called after her, both In and her looked at Miss Jitra.

"Ka?" Miss Jitra looked surprised.

"No need to ask them on what happened. I have more experience handling them than you." Miss Kraimin suddenly made face, looked insulted by what Miss Jitra said. Miss Jitra, in return just raised her eyebrows then went back to us. "All of you, come to my office. Right now!" 

Here we go again. Just like last year, being sent to the head's office only to be punished while Copper and his gang's going to be fine.

---

"Tell me what happened." Miss Jitra was sitting on her chair and looked at us.

"Miss, it was mushroom who started it." Copper defended right away. Of course that's what supposed to happen.

"But Miss, I was just saving a freshman." Oh said.

"So, you're a hero now?" Miss Jitra, again with her sarcasm said. "Who is this freshman?" 

Jey walked in front and showed himself. Miss Jitra raised one of her eyebrows.

"You saved him from Copper?" she looked at Oh.

"Krub"

Miss Jitra looked at Jey. "But why would he hurt his little brother?"

My eyes widened, so were Nam Peach and Oh's. Peach looked at Jey.

"You are..." she pointed at Jey. Jey nodded and it made Peach say no more. Copper covered his mouth, unable to contain his laugh with him.

"So" Miss Jitra leaned closer to us from her seat,"You all made a mistake." She directed her eyes on Oh. "You will do a Community Service until the end of the week starting now. Miss Kraimin..." she turned to her back where Miss Kraminin was standing,"as their homeroom teacher, please look after them until they learn their lesson." 

"Yess Miss." Miss Kraimin obeyed.

  And you" she pointed to Jey,"you can go back to your room. Let this be your warning." then Jey ran out of her office as fast as he could.  

"Thanks Miss Jitra." Copper smiled, "I know that you would understand me. I hope they will learn their lesson too." Copper gave us a sickening look.

"I'm sorry?" Miss Jitra seemed to not understand Copper's words, "I think my words confused you. I said, all of you will do a community service." He counted us one by one by pointing each one of us, "you nine will do it. Understand?" She said again to the shocked face of Copper.

It's our turn to keep our smiles now. Oh Nam and I was pursing our lips and keeping our happiness down, while Peach looked worried. Finally! A head that's not in Copper's side.

Copper didn't have any choice, he was the one to leave the room followed by his whole gang.

When all of them have finally passed us, Nam, Peach and I looked at each other. 

"you noticed it too? The scent?" Peach asked.

Nam and I nodded while Oh wondered what we were talking about.

"He's one of them." Nam confirmed.

"Yeah." I suddenly became worried.

"Hey! What are you talking about?" Oh was already shaking me.

"The owner of the handkerchief." Peach explained "is one of the Big Five".