ping pong

Tags: Domestic Fluff, Mitch Uses She/Her Pronouns, Kidfic, casual references to bdsm lmao
Warnings/TWs: none

--

"Whoops!" Scott covers his mouth as his ping pong paddle smashes against the concrete wall of their basement. Mitch is filming in amusement and two of their three kids are jumping up and down, clapping and laughing. Their third is clinging to Mitch and napping quietly, oblivious to the commotion.

"Scott, that's the third paddle you've broken since we got this table two months ago," Mitch teases, putting her phone down and shifting Madison to her other arm. She stirs and rubs her eyes with one small fist. "Mumma?"

"Yeah, Maddie?" Mitch runs her fingers along Madison's back with her free hand. When they decided to adopt, it'd been obvious that Scott was going to be dad or daddy (partially to avoid incidents that resulted from ~bedroom things~), but Mitch had decided that she wanted to be mom, and that was that.

"'s happening?"

"Your daddy's being silly, lovey, he broke another paddle."

Madison sighs, long and weary, before dropping her head back onto Mitch's shoulder and falling asleep again.

Madison's their quiet child, adopted last but the middle child in terms of age. She'd been transferred around at least ten homes from her existing records, all within her short seven years of life. She's also Mitch's (secret) favorite, but that's another story altogether.

Their oldest is Shaylie, a bouncy, happy girl who, as she likes to remind them, is "turning nine and three quarters!" She was given up for adoption by a teen who'd made some mistakes and was determined to not let that happen to her child. Scott and Mitch have been in contact with her more and more lately, keeping her posted on Shaylie's life and working on finding some time to get them together for a day or two.

Finally, their youngest is six-year-old Aiden, who's all energy all the time. He's the one that's always running around and jumping on couches and beds and generally being a mischievous little boy. He also refuses to get his hair cut, shiny brown curls flying behind him at all times. They don't know where he's been or where he came from. The adoption agency hadn't had any information besides that he appeared on their doorstep on day like some type of cliché when he was probably two with a note that simply said "I'm Aiden and my mom says sorry."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. I have a couple more up in a box in our room, I think," Scott comes around the table to take Madison, who goes to her daddy without protest, a little more awake now.

"Aiden, Shay, can you two go upstairs to mommy and daddy's room and get us another paddle, please? There should be a box in daddy's closet."

"Okay, c'mon, Ay, let's go!" Shaylie grins, grabbing Aiden's hand. The two of them disappear around the corner and a second later, there's tiny footsteps pounding down the hallway above their heads and up another set of stairs.

Mitch sighs, standing up to give Scott a kiss. "You're a doof."

"Heyyyyy, I'm sorry," Scott pouts, sticking out his bottom lip and giving Mitch the saddest puppy eyes she's ever seen, and Mitch can't help her smile.

"You'd better be, daddy," Mitch steps closer, tracing the line of Scott's chest with her finger and biting her lip, looking up at Scott through her lashes.

Scott smirks. "Yeah?"

"Mmhmm. D'you think you can ask Kirstie about..." Mitch gestures at Madison and vaguely up.

"Yeah, I'll call her. She and Jeremy should be free tonight." Scott glances at Madison, who's distracted by Wyatt sitting in the corner of the room. Scott drops his voice to a raspy whisper that affects Mitch more than it should. "Gonna make you scream, princess."