Contest 25

"Hey, Hey, Hey, Seán, I heard you like red shells!"
Mark and the whole gang had been playing Mario Kart almost all afternoon.
With all their recordings ending hours ago, even their girlfriends decided to join in on the fun!

"Mark! Let Jack win for once!" Felix had shouted - Discord clipping out his audio just at the very end, so that his laughter had gone unheard.

"No, I want to-- MARRRK!!!" Jack threw up his hands, letting his Switch fall to his lap.
"JUST PASS ME ALREADY!!"

With one last spin out caused by his arsenal of red shells, Mark sped past Jack's Waluigi character.
Before Seán even had control again, Felix, Marzia, and Ken all zipped past him - taking over the spots of second, third, and fourth.

"Have fun in fifth, Jackaboy!" Mark teased happily.
He was so far ahead of everyone else, that he was practically just cruising along the track.

Before he could continue on, relishing in his own frustration, Cry had knocked him off the track while using a Bullet Bill.
"OH MY GOD. JACK, I'M SORRY!"
Cry yelled - his words separated by his own laughter.
But at this point, even Jack was laughing along. You couldn't deny that Cry's timing, no matter how accidental, had been perfect.
"No you're not! None of you are!"

"You're right - I'm not! Keep messing him up, Cry!" Mark exclaimed happily.

With all the chaos, no one noticed Amy catching up from where she had been dragging behind everyone else.
"Don't worry, Jack, I'll handle Mark for you." As she spoke, she glanced over at her boyfriend who was currently on the edge of his seat, and  haunched over his Switch controllers like the sweaty try-hard he was.

"What are you going--" Seán didn't even get to finish his question when Mark's laughter erupted in his ears.
Amy had pounced on the man child - poking and tickling him until he aaa giggling like a little kid.
When the Switch fell from his hands, Amy shoved it between the couch cushions.

While everyone else stopped to watch the scene on their laptops, Seán sped ahead - blasting the use button until every single one of his triple mushrooms, and king mushroom were used completely.
"YES!!! Thank you Amy!!!"
If Amy responded, Jack couldn't hear her.
Mark's excessive laughing continued to drown them all out.

"A-Amy! Stop!" Mark choked out as he squirmed away from her - wiggling this way and that. "You're- You're crushing my spleen."

Everyone but Jack yelled into the mic - their words in a perfect unison. "You don't even know where your spleen is."

Amy had finally stopped tickling her boyfriend as she held one of his hands pinned against the couch.
They both held big grins on their faces.

"Oh, do I?" Mark asked with a playful twinkle in his eyes.
"Is it... here?" He said, placing a finger on his lips innocently.

Amy just rolled her eyes lightly before giving him a light peck on the lips.
"No, but good try." She said with a wink after pulling away.

Marzia and Cry were the only ones that found it cute.

"Ewww!!," shouted Felix and Ken, "Get a room!!"
Of course that childish reaction earned a chuckle from Mark and Amy.

Seán, meanwhile, had just crossed the finish line.
"Hey, sorry to interrupt, but you all have about a minute before you all get DNF's." Jack wore a smug smirk as he got closer to his mic.
"Uh, Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, anyone?"

Everyone switched into a panic as they picked up their remotes and darted to the finish lines.
The only one who didn't get through was Amy, but she didn't care.
Keeping Mark out of first place was enough of a win for her.

"Well, I think that's a pretty good round to call a quits on." Ken said, stretching away from the microphone in order to keep from yawning right in everyone else's ears.

"Yeah, I'm beat." Cry agreed before clicking out of their tournament.

Felix and Marzia were the first to say their goodbyes and sign off, followed shortly after by Ken and Cry.

Mark had his eyes fixated on his computer as the Irishman's gaming chair spun around in slow circles.
It was clear he wanted a few moments alone with Seán.
Amy took the hint.
"I'm going to order pizza." She said as she stood from her spot - her hand running along Mark's shoulder lovingly.

"Pepperoni?" Mark asked eagerly, "From Joe's?"

"Yeah, yeah," Amy rolled her eyes, "I know what you like."

"A girl after my own heart." Mark made a heart with his fingers, holding it up towards Amy, who returned the gesture before leaving the room.

As soon as he heard the door click, Mark turned back around towards his computer.
"So we're still on for this weekend?" He asked eagerly, "Signé too?"

Seán just laughed.
"That's what you wanted to ask me? Yes and yes! That's about the fortieth time you've asked me that."
Jack smiled as Mark's face seemed to redden.

"I know! I'm just making sure! I can't believe you're flying down here, and it's not even for VidCon." Mark said as he rested his chin in his hand.

"Yeah, it'll be fun not having to worry about fans and panels this time around. I can spend more time with Grumps, Matt and Ryan," he said, then added on as he noticed Amy reappearing through the door behind Mark, "and you two lovebirds, of course."

Amy gave Jack a big smile as she wrapped her arms around Mark's neck.

"Speaking of the trip, I should finish packing." He suggested, as he sat up straight in his chair.

"Say hi to the Woosh for me?" Amy asked hopefully.

"You got it." Jack replied happily.

"See you soon, Seán! I'll try not to be late this time." Mark just chuckled lightly at the memory of leaving Jack waiting at the airport a good hour after he'd landed. He'd woken up super late that day.

Jack just gave a lighthearted smile and a small wave before ending the Skype call.

When he got there, he'd kick Mark's butt in Mario Kart over and over again.

----------------------------------------------
Wow, okay. I should've ended this like 13 paragraphs ago. Ew.

Ithildaeforever