Chapter 2

Everything hurt, and felt hot and really cold at the same time. Whimpering in pain you rolled over and curled into yourself in your old shared home in the alley. You opened your eyes just before your head jerked back with a sneeze. Letting a few tears slip as you remembered your companion (Why’d it have to be like this? Your weren't supposed to leave me alone.) You thought forcing yourself up to find something to eat. Wobbling out of the alley and out onto the bustling street you made your way slowly to a small shop that normally gave you food. Sitting by the back door and waiting for the nice old lady to come out you had a sneezing attack that lasted for nearly a good minute. Sniffling a bit you licked your paw and brushed it over your head to try and make yourself a little more presentable. Hearing the door open you let out a small mewl and tried to act cute. Hearing the elderly lady aw at you, tail swaying you leaned into her hand as she lightly petted your head “I haven't seen ya in awhile lil one. Where have ya been, huh? And where's yer guardian too? He’s never let ya out his sight before. Oh, wait a minute are ya sick lil babydoll?” She asked a bit worriedly standing up quickly and turned back to her shop “I know, why don't I get ya a bit of milk hmm? Maybe that'd help make ya feel better.” She said as the door closed behind her, blinking a couple of times before sneezing again you whimpered in pain as the shaking of your head caused the small headache to worsen a bit. “Ow why does it hurt so much? Am I gonna die from this?” You asked yourself bowing your head a little as the elderly woman opened the back door. Looking up at her you eyed the small bowl with the white liquid and mewd. As she was putting the bowl down you rubbed up against her skirts before drinking the milk and enjoying the attention she was giving you.Hearing her stand you looked up to see her sad face “It's a shame really lil one. You seem to be my only customer nowadays, and I can't afford to keep my lil shop open any more. I just hope that Mr. Phantomhive will take good care of this old place.” She said patting the door frame. Licking your lips you felt a bit sorry for the nice lady that'd been giving you food. Rubbing yourself on her skirt again in an effort to comfort her you let out a small purr that stretched at the back of your throat. Smiling down at you “I wish I could take you home lil one but I can't trust my grandson not to hurt you. So perhaps Young Phantomhive will take you on as a kind hearted young man.” She said petting you until a bell was heard from inside the shop. Feeling her softly pick you up, you felt a napkin being run over your eyes “Let's see if that him shall we? If so I outta class you up a tad bit.” The elderly woman said walking to the front of the shop after tucking handkerchief back into her pocket. Blinking a few times you were met with three men in front of you. “Ah, you must be Ciel Phantomhive I presume?” She asked looking down at a small well dressed boy with an eye patch over his right eye. “Yes I am, and these two men with me is my butler Sebastian and bodyguard Pluto. You must be Mrs.Scott the owner of this establishment.” Ciel said gesturing to a Raven haired man who hasn't taken his eyes off you then a long grayish haired gentleman who seemed surprised to see you. Unable to hold back the sneeze any longer you mewled in pain when you were suddenly taken from Mrs.Scotts arms. “This is a crime! Letting such a small and fragile beauty fall ill!” The man known as Sebastian said cradling you close to his cheek while lightly pushing into your paw making your small claws out. “Sebastian put that cat down this instant! You know as well as I do I'm allergic to felines!” Ciel yelled tapping his cane angrily. “But master, look at her! Such beautiful (fur/color) and she has such sparing (E/C) eyes that can capture any soul! All to fall ill? She must be taken care of!” The raven haired gentleman said folding you above himself to look at you closely. Hearing a chuckle from the elderly woman “Ah, a cat lover are ya? Well this lil gal don't belong to me, she's just a stay that I feed whenever she and her dog guardian stop by. Though I haven't seen him around her taday. I hope nothins happened to im. He’s all she got from what I've seen.” She said lightly petting you. Turning back to the earl, “Now then shall we get down ta business? I got all the papers ready to hand over my shop. I just want ya to keep her as is and no fancy shmancy remodelin, ya hear? My husband and I build this place from the ground up with our own two hands.” She said laying a stack of papers down on the counter before putting her hands on her hips. Hearing a small growl you looked up to the long haired man as he stole you from Sebastian who was holding you, holding you by the stomach and upper chest to look you in the eyes as he ran out of the shop. “ You actually live in London? And you walked all the here in the rain? Well no damn wonder you got sick!” Pluto barked before taking you by the scruff in his mouth as he began to run on all fours. “W-who a-are you?!” You asked curling a bit in fright.