"Well, you're a hunter, right? And from what I gather you have to do a lot of research, so I was hoping we could put your skills to the test and try to have you research on this." He said, smiling. God, you were really starting to like that smile.

"Okay, I can do that, but I'll need a computer, so we probably have to go to the lib-" Before you could finish, Barry was gone, "rary." You sighed, leaning back. You really had to get used to that speed thing if you were going to be helping him out for awhile. A few seconds later, he appeared with the setup for wi-fi, a laptop, and a box of pizza.

"I hope this will be all you need, and I got pizza in case you got hungry." Barry said, setting the stuff down. You smiled, grabbing the box of pizza.

"Well, let's get to work." You said, taking a bite of your slice.

Over the next few weeks, you and Barry became very close in your work to get him back to his home. You two went from enemies, to acquaintances, to friends, to best friends, to two people who had so much feeling for each other and no option or courage to show it.

Your brothers had called and texted you many times and you'd only texted back once to say that you were okay and you'd be home soon, but of course they didn't stop looking.

"Hey, how's the portal gun going?" Barry asked, poking his head in your work room. You looked up from your work, smiling at him and beckoning him over. You guys were sure you had finally found a way to get him home, a portal gun, and you had been working on it for hours every day.

"I think we're getting close, as far as I can tell I've been doing it right and it should be done in about a day or so." You said, smiling. But then the realization hit, and you didn't feel so happy. In about a day or so, you and Barry would have to say goodbye. You were pretty sure Barry realized it too, because his face was filled with the same dread you were feeling.

"So only a day or two left in our little friendship, huh?" He asked, and you set down your tools. Shaking your head, you turned to him.

"Not necessarily, you could come visit. You got here once, you could do it again. And there's gotta be some way to talk to each other without having to travel to another Earth, right? I mean, if there's such thing as Angels and humans with super speed there's got to be a way for that." You explained, and Barry nodded, a little happiness returning to his face.

"You're right. We can figure something out. Now, I'll let you get back to work and I'll go get us some dinner. Any preferences?" He asked, walking towards the door.

"I think I'm in the mood for Chinese tonight." You said, smiling as he disappeared right in front of your eyes. You shook your head, grabbing your tools and going back to work.

By 8 P.M. the next day, the portal gun was finished. Barry and you had said your goodbyes, both of you holding back too many words and too many feelings, and then it was time for him to go. You started up the portal gun, a low hum emitting from it as it powered on. Just then, the front door was kicked open, and in ran your brothers. Dean instantly took a shot at Barry, who was standing behind you, but Barry sped out of the way (out of reflex) and the bullet lodged itself inside you. You gasped, dropping the portal gun on the table and collapsing to the floor.

Something warm slowly dyed your shirt red, and it was hard to breathe and see as time went on. Dean realized his mistake, instantly dropping his gun and running over, Sam following suit. "Oh my god, Y/n. I am so so sorry. Just hold on, it'll be okay. We're going to get help." Dean begged, pressing his hands to the wound.

"Y/n!" Barry exclaimed, taking note of what was happening. He hurried over, at human speed, and crouched next to Dean. His eyes were full of guilt and worry, and if you had the energy you would try to make him feel better. But you were so tired, and you just wanted to go to sleep. You whispered something along the lines of, "I'm sorry," before closing your eyes and letting the darkness take you over.

When you woke up, you were back in the bunker, in your room, in your bed. For a second, you wondered if it all was a dream. But then you felt the gauze on your chest, the stiffness in your body, and you knew it wasn't. All three men were in your room, Dean sitting next to you, Sam sitting on the floor against the wall, and Barry sitting on your other side, opposite Dean.

"Y/n?" Dean asked, noticing your stirring. You looked over at him, a weak smile on your face. "So I lived?" You asked, and Dean let out a light chuckle, squeezing your hand.

"Yeah, you lived." He whispered. You looked over at Barry, smiling, "Why haven't you used the portal gun to go home yet? Does it not work?" You asked, and he shook his head.

"No, I haven't tried it yet. I had to make sure you were okay before I went home." He said, and you smiled. You really were going to miss him.

After a couple days of bedrest, Dean allowed you to walk around the bunker, and it was time to send Barry home. You started up the portal gun for the second time in your life, and looked at Barry to see if he was ready.

He grabbed your waist, gently pulling you close, and kissed you. Something he'd been trying to have the courage to. You gasped, but instantly kissed back. When the two of you pulled away, you smiled at him. "Took you long enough, Allen." You said, and he chuckled.

You pulled the trigger on the gun, almost laughing in success when it created a portal. Looking at Barry, you felt a mix of happiness and sadness. "Come visit soon." You said, and he nodded before kissing your cheek and running into the portal. A few seconds after he was gone, the portal closed up. You set down the gun, it feeling 10 times heavier than it had when you first picked it up. You sighed.

Barry was gone.

A/N: Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that there will be one more part to this and then I will move on to the other requests I have! Thank you all for your patience! Love you!