Chapter 12

My Naive Little Butler just hit the rank! And its on Rank #64 🎉🎉
Since I was so elated, I decided to scram my studies just to write a new chapter as a token of my appreciation to you guys. Thank you sooo much! 🎉

Its short but just wanna tell you that I'm still alive! 🙌

--

I blinked my eyes as I stare at the black sky above. There was no stars in sight. Or maybe my eyes were blinded by the city lights that it seemed harder to see the stars up in the sky. Or its just a plain dark sky.

I couldn't see any hope. A hope that Kerry wouldn't leave me, us, just because he was threatened doesn't mean he didn't have the right to fight for his stand. I face palmed myself when I felt my eyes started to water then laughed at myself.

I was alone sitting in this park bench with a sprained foot and a swollen hand then add up my wet clothes from the rain. But all of these couldn't equal with the hurt I was feeling if we loosed Kerry from our team and school. The thought of it was dreadful.

With hooded eyes, I watched the fogs of my breath dissipates in the air then noticed a figure coming its way towards me.

"I've been looking all over for you." He mumbled and threw a huge towel over my cold body. He sat down beside me and gave me a coffee, freshly brewed and was put inside a steel type tumbler.

"I'm sorry I didn't came after you quickly. I'm so sorry William."

I snorted while looking at the cup of coffee he gave me. We stayed silent for the longest of time before I heard Kerry sigh in defeat beside me.

"William. Even if I'm no longer with you, please don't give up on the team. What would be the outcome if our team looses another prodigy? Coach Hane would be saddened."

Coach Hane was like a grandfather that I never had. He was already sixty years old and was nearing his retirement aged. If he looses me too, the poor old man would be depressed.

"So please do me a favor Will, I want you to stay. Not because it was a favor from me, but I want you to look out for our team when I can't anymore."

My breath silently hitch when his palm landed on my back with a calm press. Easing me with the soothing circles he is making as he rub my back. He was comforting me and at the same time, he was passing to me the burden of being a captain where he had to look out a bunch of people who had different personalities.

Tsk. I clicked my tongue and snicker.

"You sounded like your going to die or move out to a unknown island." I joked.

Kerry looked at me with a sad expression clearly written on his face. Before my mouth could form any words, he mouthed an apology and patted my shoulder.

'I'm sorry, We're moving to a new country by the end of the month. It's my parents final decision.'

After that, I couldn't bear to listen to any of Kerry's words spouting out of his mouth. It was all. His voice seemed so distant yet he was sitting beside me. I've known him for long but it seemed like he was now a stranger to me. I wanted to throw punches at him but I couldn't. My eyelids became heavy even though I'm not sleepy. Everything was so distant and blurred that I could have felt that I ended up dead.

--

It has been three weeks since my last encounter with Kerry. I fainted that night due to exhaustion and fatique. Shaw was the one who got me home and treated me. The rest of my step brothers wanted to see me if I was doing okay but I didn't let any of them see me. I avoided them like a plague and I think they understood that I just wanted to have some space.

I didn't went for school in those days. I would pretend to go to school but would take a detour and hang out in the mall.

"Sir? What would you like to order?"

And because I was staring out of nowhere, I forgot that the waitress standing beside me was waiting for my order. I gave her an apologetic glance and scanned the menu again.

"I'll have a mango shake for now, I'll order again later." I gave the menu back to her then she scurried away.

I fetch my phone on my pocket and saw several text messages and phone calls. There were tons of them but I never had any interest to return their concerns. I pressed the power button and instantly, my phone died down, shutting down itself as I also begun to shut myself out from the world.

'The world is true cruel'

When it felt like everything was going right, the worst things would jump right at your shoulders without you knowing it. When you thought you have the best advantage out in everything, you didn't know that disadvantages was its twin spawn.

I knew life wasn't perfect. Its just, we people had different kinds of personality on how to handle things. I knew that loosing Kerry was a lame excuse for me to shut myself up. Its just that I couldn't cope up easily with all the sudden situations life's been throwing at me.

My shake was placed in front of my eyes before I could start a new storm of thoughts in my head. I took it and looked up to thank the waitress but to my surprise, Gideon's worried face greeted my shock one.

"William, I think we need to talk."

--

Banzai!

Banzai everyone!!