It's a...Spawn?! (Last chapter of The Prophecy)

Vampire blood was indeed running through Amabell's veins but it wasn't changing her. Jordana studied her for hours and not a single answer came to mind. How was she still alive and...human?! The prophecy should have taken the infected blood away but the vile of blood she took every hour tested positive. It was a mysterious and irritating question that she couldn't answer herself.

Jordana sighed and turned from the broken girl on the hospital bed. She left the dim lighted room and walked the empty halls that were lined with medical supplies and stretchers. No human doctor worked this hospital. It was specifically made for vampires. Jordana didn't want to take a chance of putting Amabell in a regular hospital just in case the venom hadn't left her system. It seemed to be the right decision. If she couldn't come up with answers, a human doctor sure wouldn't be able to.

She rounded the corner to the waiting room. There sat Jude with his head in his hands and slouched over his chair. Next to him was Reid; staring off at the white wall in front of him. He was distressed himself after being possessed by Vincent and almost killing Amabell. Scratches lined each of their faces and bodies but lucky for vampires, they heal fast. They would feel better in no time. Well, at least physically. Jordana took a step forward, quickly catching the attention of the two boys. They both jumped to their feet and walked up to her.

"So?" Reid asked first. She shook her head. Reid let out an angry groan and fell back into his seat. Jude stood there staring at her with the look of a sad child.

"Is there anything we can do?" He asked. Jordana sighed and looked down at her feet.

"She isn't responding to any medication. Her body keeps rejecting it. With the venom in her system...all we can do it wait until she awakens." There was low panting and footsteps running down the hall. Jordana turned to see Madeline running towards her with Jake right behind. "Madeline! Jake!"

She greeted them both with a hug then turned to Jake, putting her hands on his shoulders. "Wow, you are a mess! I thought you were dead!" Jake laughed.

"No sadistic vampire can kill me!" He beamed. Jake caught a glare from someone behind Jordana and looked to see Jude standing there; his face looking like he had been crying. He wasn't the normal angry vampire Jake had heard all about. He was in a zombie state.

"Where's Mark?" Jordana asked. Jake returned his attention to her and flashed a proud smile.

"He ran off. I think I scared him so bad he won't be showing his face around here." Jordana raised her eyebrows and laughed. That's when another person walked up behind Jake, causing him to jump and turn. Jordana gasped and threw her arms around Jonan's neck. He chuckled and returned a hug.

"Joe," Madeline said happily. "Good to see you alive!" Madeline flashed a smile and skipped over to Jude, her long blonde hair bouncing behind her. Jordana, realizing what she had done, stepped back from the king and cleared her throat.

"Sorry sir," She said. He chuckled again and assured her he didn't mind. The room went quiet and the new comers searched around the room for the one person missing. Jordana dropped her eyes to the floor and waited for someone to ask. She didn't want to explain to them that she had no idea what was wrong with Amabell and she's living off prayers. It wasn't like her to believe in God but that's the only thing she had to help Amabell through this.

When no one spoke, Madeline stepped forward to break the silence. "The Prophecy worked! The war has ended and things are slowly returning to the quiet Earth it once was." Jake shot a nasty look over at Jude, who wasn't paying any attention to the conversation. The room fell silent once again only for a short moment.

"Where is she?" Jonan asked. Jordana glanced up at him then turned to direct him to Amabell's room. The others followed; everyone except Jude. The group was filled with shock and gasps when they entered the room and set their eyes on the pale girl. Her hands were wrapped in a cast and she wore a large bandage around her torso.

"She's stable and healthy but she's showing signs of vampric activity. Her skin has fallen pale and her eye color has changed. She has a normal heart beat. I...just can't figure out why she isn't waking up. Why is the venom still in her system if she isn't changing?! It's been well over three hours and nothing has changed. I just don't get it!" Jonan walked up to the bedside and placed a hand on Amabell's stomach.

"What are the bandages for?" He asked. Jordana walked up to his side and scanned Amabell's body.

"She has three broken ribs and a cracked pelvis. I'm guessing from being tossed down the hall," She explained. Jonan seemed to not be listening. He leaned forward as if listening to her heart. Everyone in the room (except Jake) could hear her heart from where they stood. They looked between each other in confusion. "Jonan?"

He held his hand up to her to silence her. She pressed her lips together and waited for an answer. The room was silent besides the beeping of the heart monitor. Jude had slipped in the door way without anyone seeing and watched his father.

They waited...watching Jonan as he trailed his hand over her unconscious body. His eyes slightly grew wide but a realization look crossed his face. He straightened up while shaking his head.

"Her blood is being reproduced and stored within her body," He said. Everyone mumbled in confusion amongst each other.

"What?! What does that mean?" Jordana asked. He sighed and glanced up at her.

"Something is sucking the blood from her system. It's feeding off the venom," He explained.

"What's feeding off it?!" Jake asked, a bit angry. Jonan paused, shooting his son a quick glance before returning to Jordana.

"The child."

(If you'd like to read the chapters before this, and no what happened to the house, buy volume 1)