Chapter 25 - Bid

Irene Payton

"Beth! I have a freaking boyfriend.. are you kidding me?!" I hissed coldly at her but she kept ignoring me.

"Oh come.. Your boyfriend's not here."

"Beth! It doesn't erase the fact that I have a boyfriend!"

"Oh come on.. it's just a charity bidding."

"Not again.. Beth.. Pleas-"

"You're Irene right? Nice to meet you.. you're number 29." My eyes widen when a blonde girl put a sticker on my chest and it's written 29.

"I'm number 26." Beth squealed.

"Beth.. You know Joel will be mad for this.. I'm not-" Beth shut my mouth and prevented me to take the sticker off.

"Beth!"

"Irene.. calm down.. Joel won't know and I will be the one who responsible in this state okay?"

"Wait.. Everyone knows that I'm Joel's girlfriend." I said and looked at her seriously.

"Nah.. I don't think they wi-"

"Beth! Joel is a freaking 7 Gold Life's."

"Irene.. Calm down.. Don't freak out.."

"How can I not freaking out? You lied to me!" I said angeily but Beth just smiled. She asked me to sit and she walked away. I can't believe her.

Beth asked me to join her to help her friend having a clothing sale and she lied. I can't believe that I believed her for this. I really hate her. I have a freaking boyfriend for godsakes!

I decided to call Joe to tell him the truth.. I mean he- what! Oh shoot! My phone died.. I remembered that I charge it this morning. What the heck?! I tried to turn it on and it kept showing that it's low battery.

I asked for people inside the room for a charger but no one brings it.

I walked out to find Beth because I need to borrow her phone. Suddenly someone pulled me away and my eyes widen.

"You're up next.. where do you think you're going?" What?! Shoot! It means Beth's already up. What?! I thought the event hasn't started yet.

"Joel is going to kill me.. Joe is going to kill me.." I said mumbling and I closed my eyes trying to calm myself down.

After the 28th girl walked in.. My heart beats 3 times faster. Gosh.. Joel is going to kill me. Joel will kill me for doing this. Please don't be someone creepy.. Please..

I kept praying and praying because I'm nervous as hell.

"You.. go!" I was pushed to enter the stage and my eyes widen to see a lot of people there. My heart froze and I walked to the middle of the stage completely nervous.

"So introduce yourself.." I can't even see the audience clearly because of the light.

"My name is Irene Payton and I'm 25 years old. I love baking and yeah.. I have a boyfriend.." I said honestly.

"Such an honest introduction.. let's start the bidding.. shall we?" Oh my gosh.. Oh my gosh!

"50$" what?

"100$"

"250$"

"1000$"