chapter seventeen

En başından başla

I kissed him back, as best as I knew how, and he tapped my hips.

"Jump." I jumped, and he caught me, my legs wrapping around his waist, his arms supporting me. "Your mind goes a million miles a minute, Ruth. Just settle down." He said. " I know you aren't like the girls I've had here before. You're too trusting, and I will never break that."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, looking him straight in the eyes for the first time that night. We both knew we had crossed the final line, but not a single cell in my body regretted it.

"Are you going to give me more...marks?" Despite myself, I blushed at the question. Lex shifted my weight, and kissed me on the nose.

"You can call them hickeys. And not if you don't want me to. Mmm...I just like people to know you're mine."

I buried my head in his shoulder, and I felt a laugh rumble through him. He sat on the bed, and I uncoiled slightly, but not letting my grip around his neck go.

"I don't mind them." I murmured. "I want people to know that, too."

"To know what?" Lex teased, lifting my chin up with one finger. "What do you want them to know, hm?"

I pouted, and he wagged a finger in my face.

"None of that, my dear. You tell me, what do you want them to know?" I knew he was trying to embarrass me, but the issue was that it was working. I covered my face with my hands, ashamed of the colour in my cheeks.

"Don't make me say it." I squeaked.

Lex placed his hands on my bare back again, under my thin shirt. They cooled my flushed skin, and I shivered a little at the temperature difference.

"Oh, but I want to hear you say it." He all but demanded. I twisted up my face in the safety of my hands, but finally blurted it out.

"I want them to know I'm yours." I stumbled over my words, they came out so fast. I dropped my hands from my face, and met Lex's mirthful eyes.

"Good." He said, and slid his hand down my spine, until it rested on my tailbone, over top of my thin underwear. I squirmed a little, but his other hand was firm on my hip, holding me still. I bit my lip, my breathing coming short and fast.

"Don't bite your lip." Lex warned. "I can't promise to control myself when you do that. You don't bite it, unless you want me to bite it for you."

I let it go, and tucked my hair behind me ear, unsure of what to do next. He was playing gently with the waistband of my underwear, his fingertips brushing against my skin with every movement. I felt as though I couldn't draw in enough air, and when he leaned forwards to bite the side of my throat, I nearly blacked out from lack of oxygen. I felt frozen, my hands beginning to shake. I was dizzy from excitement and nerves and from the sheer newness of it all.

"Lex." I finally got out. He stopped, and looked me in the eyes, noticing for the first time how pale I had gotten.

"Oh, Ruth." He said, and his hands disappeared from my skin, coming forwards to brush the hair out of my eyes. "Darling."

"I'm alright." I said. "I just don't know what to do." My inexperience was coming back to haunt me, and somewhere below it, a ghost, a ghoul of some hidden thought writhed.

"Of course you don't." He rubbed my shoulder. "You can stop me anytime, Ruth. Do you want to sleep?"

My body was running on a high that would be impossible to come down from enough to sleep. I was shaking, and my mouth tingled. Every inch of me was flooded with adrenaline. I kissed Lex, hard, taking him by surprise.