Chapter 1 Enter: Haruno Sakura!

Edited
Once again I do not own Naruto

It's been 8 years since the Haruno clan massacre.

It had at once been the talk of the town and everyone would offer their sympathy to the tiny lone survivor. Even when she never wanted it.

Sakura started to attend the ninja academy just two years later. And by week three she was already top of the class with a dark haired boy in a close second.

His name was Uchiha Sasuke and Sakura resented him. He always made it a chore to point out her short comings or belittle her whenever he messed up.

Sakura was alone and she wasn't very social. The other girls in the class would poke fun at her and call her names like "pinkie" or "billboard brow" and deliberately leave her out in group assignments.

However, she was able to become aquatinted with one girl in her class. Her name was Hyuuga Hinata, heir to the Hyuuga clan. Hinata was shy and didn't really talk much. But when she did, all that came out were tiny mumbles and it annoyed Sakura to no end.

When Sakura met Hinata's father, she was shocked to say the least. How could such a shy girl like Hinata ever come from a clan like that?

Sakura hated the academy. She felt as if it wasn't challenging enough, that it was too easy. But this wasn't the only thing she hated about it.

She also had fan boys. Yup fan boys, and a lot of them. Every day they surround her and Hinata telling her how pretty she was and would brag about themselves.

Yesterday, Sakura had passed the genin exams and graduated top of her class. She was currently on her way to the academy to find out which team she would be on. As she walked down the street she heard whispers.

"Hey, isn't that the Haruno girl?" A hushed male sounding voice made its way to Sakura's ears. "Yeah, That's her alright. Heard she graduated top of her class." How word about that already got out, Sakura didn't know. "No way, seriously?! I was sure Uchiha was gonna be first!" The man was shushed by the other for his outburst. "What the heck is she wearing? That's not very ninja appropriate." This time, a women came into the conversation.

Sakura scoffed. It was obvious these civilians didn't know a damn thing about being a ninja.

The girl wore the standard ninja sandals but in black with thigh high socks (think about Sarada's genin outfit) her black spandex shorts stopped mid thigh with her kunai pouch strapped to her right leg.

Her shirt was styled like a yukata. It was red with white flower petals and black trimming along the edges. Her obi was a dark brown, almost black around her waist.

Her long pink hair was in a messy chopstick bun, but instead of chopsticks she used senbon for easy access. She had her forehead covered by a white Hitai-ate.

When she came to the door of the classroom, she sensed someone's chakra signature, one she knew all too well.

There he was, Uchiha Sasuke. The academy's most arrogant, egotistical bastard sitting in the middle row next to the window.

Due to the assigned seating, Sakura sighed before dragging her feet over to the Uchiha.

He was made aware by her presence once she sat next to him, huffing in annoyance. The two day a reasonable distance away from each other, Sasuke's mouth was hidden by his clasped hands and Sakura's head was cradled between her two palms.