Chapter Four.

So that was what happened. After a few minutes of hearing nothing but her own haggard breath and the beat of Nate's heart beneath her ear, Nate entrusted her with the key to his cabin and went off in search of her belongings. She took a right, and let herself into a cabin that wasn't dissimilar to her own. The same layout relatively, two beds, even a sofa and dining set, and she took her seat on the empty bed.

She didn't see it when he had left her, but she saw it when he came back to his cabin. The anger and the loyalty burning in his eyes.

He placed her bags on the foot of her bed and smiled grimly. "She wasn't there, I just grabbed everything, if I missed anything I can go back..."

"No," she cut him off, "It's fine." She sighed. "Thank you, Nate."

"Anything for you Caitlyn."

She liked that. The fact that he always called her by her name. Ben had spent years chopping and changing her name to come up with a nickname for her. She never wanted one, she liked her name.

And, she admitted to herself while she watched him take a seat opposite her, it didn't hurt that Nate said her name like it was the most important thing in the world.

"So," He said, rubbing his hands together and leaning forward, "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah, but I think it's time for orientation." She said, pointing to the watch on his wrist.

"Saved by the bell." He nodded, hopping up and lending her his hand to help her up.

They made their way down to the mess hall, already filling up with campers and hung near the back, away from the crowds. Caitlyn couldn't help but appreciate that fact that Nate didn't leave her side.

"Okay, okay everybody, settle down!" Brown said, climbing up on one of the tables. "Alright everybody, welcome to a rockin' summer at Camp Rock!"

The cheers said everything, the Camp was still as popular as ever.

"Well I'm glad to see you're all as excited as I am." He nodded, "This a summer for you guys, to focus on your talents, make new friends and rock out."

More cheering, and Caitlyn shot Nate a smile, the campers were enthusiastic, she'd give them that.

"As some of you may know, we have two Camp Rock rockers back with us this summer. My nephew Nate Gray from Connect Three and Camp Rock's very own Caitlyn Gellar. Now, I know they're cool, and famous and all of that, but they're counsellors just like everyone else. Please, let's not bombarding them for autographs or anything. Learn from them, ask questions, and see how they do things. Don't forget that they started out here, and I just want to see where you all go from here."

Caitlyn missed Brown's inspirational speeches. He passed over the microphone to Dee, as peppy as ever, who was going to hand out the schedules, while Brown called for a staff meeting.

If it were possible, Nate edged closer to her and Caitlyn found that she couldn't walk down to the staff cabin without their shoulders knocking off each other. They stuck together when they made their way inside and Caitlyn spotted her roommate pretty quickly, surrounded by a bunch of other counsellors.

"Alright everyone, the schedule are as follows..." Brown stood by the extensive, notice board covered wall, and went through all the protocols and guidelines, the rules and the timetables. One of the older counsellors handed out their schedules, and Caitlyn flicked through hers while keeping an eye on the other woman. She was timetabled for a few production classes, supervising the practice rooms, and helping to organise the jam sessions. Teaching dance was not an option at the moment, unless all they wanted to learn was slow dances that were easier on her ankle.

They were all dismissed to go and give tours to the campers and Caitlyn had to head off to help set up for the opening jam in a few hours. Nate reluctantly left her side, to go and find his group of drummers, but only when Caitlyn had Brown in clear sight.

"Hey Brown, can I have a minute?" Caitlyn asked, as she approached Boren who was now in motion.

"Walk and talk Poppet." He said as he made his way out again and back toward the mess hall.

"I know it sounds petty, and you have a lot more on your mind, but is there any chance I can change roommates?"

He turned his head to look at her with a confused look on his face, "What?"

"I need a change of roommate, is there any way to can rotate a few counsellors?"

"Caitlyn, most of 'em have been settled in for a few days now and to be honest, I just don't have the time. This isn't high school, can't you two just get along?" He asked, double checking the clipboard in his hands.

"That's not really an option." She mumbled under her breath.

"Look, Kylie's been working 'ere a few years and gets on well with everyone else, is it really necessary?"

"I can move in with Nate." She offered. "It'd save the headache of rearranging the rooms."

Brown sighed, coming to stop, and standing with his hands on his hips and looked her in the eye, "Is it really that important to you?"

"You have no idea how important. I can't stay with her. I just thought I'd run the Nate idea by you."

"Well it's fine by me, if it's fine by Nate. But I don't want no drama." He said, waving his hand at her, "Between the two of you."

"What?" He had lost her.

"Y'know..." He said, "No messed up love natter. Alright? The last thing I need is drama between my counsellors"

"Deal." She nearly laughed, if that was all he was worried about, and shook his hand. It hadn't happened seven years ago, it wasn't going to happen now, not when she was hurting and he was running away from his own relationship gossip. "Thanks Brown."

"Yeah, yeah, you're helping for the opening jam?"

"That's right boss!" She saluted him in jest and turned on her heel before he could change his mind, and headed down toward the music hall for the evening.

Things are about to get interesting in Camp Rock :) Thanks for reading! Hope you're enjoying the story so far. I'd love to hear what you think about it so far!