“Um, hi, is Hunter in?” Kyle asked. I nodded, gesturing towards the door. He nodded his thanks, pushing the door open and disappearing inside.

                “Has he done anything to you?” he asked hastily but I shook my head with a frown.

                “Definitely not!” I replied. It was a slight exaggeration, he’d done nothing but constantly irritate me.

                “Look, here’s my number,” he handed me a piece of paper and gave me a serious look.

                “So call me maybe!” I quickly sang. My hope of lightening the atmosphere failed completely when Marco just gave me a look.

                “This is serious,” he replied in a flat tone and I sighed.

                “I know, I know. Carry on, I’ll shut up.”

                “If you have a problem, call me. I’ll be right there,” he replied, leaning forward to stand up. I nodded, not trusting myself to say another word. He gave my forehead a quick kiss before making his way towards the lift. Well, that was strange.

                Pushing myself to my feet, I sighed. Marco’s warning had stuck, but Hunter hadn’t done anything overly bad so I wasn’t too concerned.

                When I got into the passage, I heard the boys talking so I froze, careful not to make any sound as I listened to them.

                “What type of name is Marco?”

                “I don’t know, it sounds like a condom brand,” Hunter muttered. Kyle laughed and a sound of the sofa moving followed after that.

                “What did he want?”

                “I have no idea, but I don’t trust this condom kid,” Hunter finished. That was when I took a step into the front room with my arms crossed across my chest.

                “Well condom kid doesn’t seem to trust you too much either,” I replied flatly. Hunter smirked, sitting down on the edge of the sofa. Kyle stifled his laugh, putting his arms behind his head. I didn’t move from my space by the door, sending Hunter a small glare.

                “Condom kid has some common sense then,” he threw back. I rolled my eyes.

                “His name is Marco,” I altered. Hunter shrugged carelessly.

                “I don’t really care what his name is. Ex-boyfriend?” Hunter asked. I smirked, moving from the door to sit on the armchair. Kyle clocked my movements but didn’t say anything else, he shot me a small smile when I looked in his direction.

                “Why? Jealous?” Hunter chuckled, shaking his head.

                “You wish.”

                “I don’t wish, actually,” I sniffed, looking away from him to add Marco’s number to my phone.

                “Well, this just got a tiny bit awkward so I’ll catch you later, man. And I’ll see you at dance tomorrow,” Kyle replied, tipping forward, preparing to stand up.

                “Bye!” I replied politely and Hunter just nodded, slapping his back as he got up. It wasn’t until he left that Hunter groaned, running his hands down his face. I moved over to sit on the sofa next to him.