Chapter 1

Helloooo! Another story from me! :) I hope you enjoy it and please, drop me a comment and a vote!

Underwear – check!

New house key – check!

Clothes – check!

Money – check!

Dad's credit card – check!

Toiletries –check!

                Looking proudly at my organised bag was when my mum opened my bedroom door and gave me a sad smile. She wasn't looking forward to saying goodbye to me; I was going to miss her but couldn't wait to get up to university either.

                "Have you got everything, sweetheart?" she asked and I nodded, patting my suitcase and putting my list down on my bed.

                "Yep, I'm ready to go." I tried to keep the excitement out of my voice at least until I was in the car with Kenzi.

                "Good, have you got your underwear?" she asked. Typical mother. I smiled and nodded.

                "Yes, I have everything. Check this list," I replied whilst handing it to her. I watched as her eyes skimmed over my checklist and a small smile appeared on her face.

                "Good girl." She stepped forward, taking my face in her hands and forcing me to look at her as she spoke.

                "You promise to take care of yourself?" she asked and I nodded.

                "Yes. I'll eat every meal time, I won't drink, I won't take drugs, I won't blow my money and I promise to do my studies," I recited and she grinned, placing a kiss on my forehead.

                "I've brought you up well," she grinned again, ruffling my newly curled hair. I swatted her hand away.

                "Mum!" I groaned, trying to fix my hair in the mirror as she watched me, chuckling softly.

                "I'm going to miss you," she said in a hushed tone, looking at me with another sad smile. I couldn't take anymore of her depressing looks so I decided that it would probably be a good idea to get out and into Kenzi's car before my mum started to cry.

                "I'll miss you too." I walked over and gave her a hug, wrapping my arms around her fragile form. She'd always been the strong one in the family; I didn't think that she'd crack just because I was going to university.

                "I'd better go, Kenzi's outside," I murmured against the woollen fabric of her cardigan.

                "Okay, sweetie. Make sure that you call your dad when you get there and send me a text," she rambled. I smiled, grabbing my suitcase.

                "Calm down, I'll call," I replied, listening to the thump that my suitcase made on the floor.

                Saying goodbye to both my mum and my bedroom was harder than originally expected. Unfortunately, I couldn't take my bed or my mum with me so I turned off the light and stood in the passage.

                I hadn't lied about Kenzi being outside. When I glanced out of the window, I saw that her red bug was positioned on the other side of the road with Kenzi inside, texting.

                I carried my suitcase down the stairs and out of the front door. My mum grabbed me for one more hug and a kiss. After another promise to behave, I strolled across the road and into Kenzi's car.