Part Twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

I knocked twice on Kay’s bedroom door—they’d share a room after they were married, if you get what I mean—and I heard a sniffle.

“Who is it?”

“A creepy stalkerish vampire at your door to take all your blood from your body in a very non-seductive way…?”

I heard a little giggle and then all I heard were hysterics. I walked in the room to find her on the floor laughing.

“I’ve missed you so much Sky!” She sad getting up from the floor and she ran to me and I caught her in mid jump.

“I’ve missed you a lot too, Kay. How do you feel?”

“Oh, thank God you’re here now. I feel terrible.”

“Oh, really?” I asked. “Because I could totally tell from the way you were in hysterics on the floor.”

“Shut up! But really, though, I don’t know what to do. I’m freaking out here, Sky, I really am!”

“About what?!”

“Getting married!” It went silent for a moment.

“It’s okay, Kay, kay?” [A/N Totally made a funny!!]  “It’s going to be alright. Just take a breath. I know what’ll cheer you up, come on.”

She gave me a look and I just pulled her along with me.

“Where are we going?”

“To take your mind off things.”

“Are we going to practice?” I nodded my head and she got excited.

“Oh, man, am I glad to hear that!” It took us a minute, but once we were at the training rooms, we passed all the other trainers and I nodded as we did so, giving a little advice.

“Keep your guard up, Garner! Arp, keep your feet on the ground! Rangel!…you keep doing what you’re doing.” We passed them—trust me, I kept her far away from Markus—and I went to the smaller room and shut the steel door. “Remember that no one else knows of our abilities, so we have to keep them on the down-low.”

“Oh, yeah, right.”

“Ok, and—“

~~

We practiced for what seemed like forever when there was a loud bang on the door.

“¿Quien es?” I asked in Spanish, just because I felt like it. [A/N: Who is it?]

“Es Carlos Rangel.”

“You’re lucky you speak Spanish, Carlos. What do you need?”

“Master Amir has been looking for you for two hours. No one knew you were still in here. Lo siento, Miss.”

“I’m sorry for your trouble. Tell him we’ll be there immediately.”

“Yes, Miss.”

“And stop calling me Miss, Soldier!” I called after him. We cleaned up the charred and watered down things from the small room and headed up.

And once we were up there in front of him, I felt like a small child being scolded for being caught doing something I shouldn’t have been doing.

“We were looking for the two of you for hours! You knew we had to rehearse.”

“I forgot, brother. Sorry.”

He sighed and looked at the two of us. “Why do I put up with you two?”

“Because you looove us?”

He smiled. “Okay, well, we don’t have any time left now. Let’s get moving people!”

~'~'~'~'

Scott’s POV

I hadn’t seen her for hours. I was getting bored just sitting on this damn bed. But then again, I couldn’t move either, even if I wanted to. A minute after this thought, Skye walked in my room with a water bottle and a pill.

“Hey, Scott,” she said quietly. “I thought you might be a little hungry, but I’m sorry you can’t go out and feed yet. It’s too early.”

“I know,” I said. As long as she was here, I didn’t have to go anywhere. “SO what have you been up to for the past day?”

“Oh, you know…just playing around…” I could tell, obviously, that that wasn’t the answer, but I let it drop. “And I’m sorry you’ve been in here alone most of the day.”

“That’s alright.” She sat on the bed beside me and put the pill in the water. “I never…I never thanked you,” I said after I drank the contents of the bottle. “For saving me, I mean.”

“Don’t even worry about it, Scott.” Hearing my name from her sent shivers down my spine. “I know you can’t walk right now, Scott, but do you want to just…come around the castle with me? I’d really like for you to see it. I can go get a wheelchair from the doctor, if you want.”

“Sure. I’d really like that.”

You might want to read this…… or at least the end….

Ha! You thought I was going to give you a peek into the wedding! Uh…hum! Hell no. You just have to wait and see!~~

However, I can tell you that the next chapter (unless said otherwise) will be the last chapter, besides the epilogue.

S.O.R.R.Y.!

Wait, no I’m not. That’s just how it goes. I’ve had fun writing this, and depending on how much lurv this story gets within the next couple of weeks will decide whether or not I make a sequel. I might have said I’d make one in the past, but I’m not so sure now. I’ll see.

The next chapter will be that last and longest, so it will take me a while to post it.

So spread the story around!