28: the marrying kind

November 22, 2011

"Come here."

Andy hesitated, her eyes darting to the other rolling chair beside his and back to catch his stare. He tilted his head, waiting for her to come over and sit by him.

She sighed, a smile slowly spreading across her hardened face. Instead of sitting in the chair, she went over to where Prince was sitting in front of the soundboard and sat on his lap.

He looked up at her with a smirk and watched her for a moment as she got comfortable and placed her arm around him and crossed her legs.

He snakes his arm around her waist.

"What?" Andy noticed how Prince was studying her. "Come on and show me what you're gonna show me."

Prince fiddled, before handing her the ripped page of notebook paper. While she overlooked these unfamiliar lyrics, Prince began to play around with the knobs on the soundboard.

"You remember this song right?"

"I don't think so... is this the sheet that you snatched from me that night before I could read it?"

Prince taps his hands against the edge of the soundboard in front of him, his guard temporarily ceasing as he contemplates a way to tell her what he'd been working up to say.

He nods his head, reluctantly but shamelessly afterwards.

"Well, this sheet is the new version," Prince tells her before reaching for his jacket to which he pulls out the original version, signed To Andy on the back.

Andy clutched her heart.

It was a song?

Slowly, she unfolded it and read the lyrics.

Once she finished reading, it began to all make sense. She definitely remembered this one alright. It was played so many times live while they were overseas this past summer.

U Will Be With Me.

Up until now, she never knew that it was about her. It definitely was and she hadn't realized it.
As many times as he shouted the song at and to her as she stood off to the side of the stage, she always thought he was just putting on a show for the people.

If she knew back then that this is how things would turn out, she would've definitely known.

"I wrote the original about you. I was planning on recording it but what's the point? You're with me now, so there's only one way to make it work..."

"A duet." Andy beamed widely, smiling almost from ear to ear as she completed his sentence.

The same smirk grew across Prince's expression as well, he nodded and reached up to place his index finger underneath her chin. Everything fell silent and it was just the two of them staring jubilantly at each other, gazing with the utmost of excitement in the pits of their stomachs.

Their gleeful stare was cut when Andy's phone began to ring from the pocket of her purse. Andy patted Prince on the shoulder before scurrying over to the other side of the room to answer it.