The blank page

The cold breeze, the bustling streets, the countless buildings, the few tall trees that spotted the outside of the town and you could faintly see them from every direction, and then there were people. Figurines of soft skin and warm blood, slightly tired eyes, and plastered smiles. The people that made this place go round, finally you had me; you see I was a people or a person to be more grammatically correct. Nothing special or of significance. Just a background character in someone else's story. I was here just too fill up the negative space. Someone to wave too in the morning. Someone to bump into on the pavement. Someone to ask where the market was and I would respond with "Oh keep going straight then turn on the first right, you can't miss it" and then you would go on about your day forgetting all about me.

I was normal, I was abnormally average, I was just there.

But the emptiness I felt in my bones didn't matter at the moment, I had a place to be, a generic public school. It was grey, just like me
and the rest of this town. The kids were ok and everyone had their own clique, even yours truly. The teachers were a bit dull but every now and again there'd be an intriguing lesson. The janitors were nice, the bus driver was cranky, and the lunch was inedible so I just starved half the day. The Educational Institution of the New Britain Bulldogs was bland, it was plain, it was
     N
              O
                        T
                                  H
                                            I
                                                       N
                                                                G.
At least...nothing important. I looked down, my hand hurriedly sliding down my side and into my front pocket too take out my phone. I looked at the time and immediately despised what I saw, it was 7:56 am and school started at 8:15. At that rate I would be so incredibly late! In general it takes me 45 minutes to walk to school so I get there by 8:00 am, but its 8:03 am right now and I'm only 3/4 of the way there! I began to rush my journey to school, running hazardously, bumping into people left and right. I was spouting apologies to random civilians for the next 10 minutes until I finally came face to face with the gritty green door of my temporary prison. Pushing the heavy slabs of milled steel apart with my palms, I barreled into the building without a second thought. Dashing through the hallway and up the stairs too my locker, I quickly extracted my books from my backpack and shoved the overly heavy bag in my locker unceremoniously.

Then too my absolute horror; the bell rang. Teenagers began to violently shove and strain against one another in a rapid contest with the first block bell to get to class on time. I walked to English. It my first class of the day. Weaving through the crowds and hallways easily as I had been here for 2 years. High school got easy after a while.
Even in just my softmore year I had been able to get the hang of how this all worked. Out of all the things that happen in highschool; learning the layout of the school wasn't the hard part. I was just about to reach the door to my english class with little to no trouble, but then; just right then, I tripped over my own to feet.

       The kids burst into laughter, their broken chuckles reverberating in my ears.

       I scrambled to my feet, picked up my things, and burst through the English class door.  Mrs.Sanders looked at me with a smile that reached her eyes.

       "Well good morning Mr.Haynes," she said brightly. "Good morning Mrs.Sanders," I replied quietly with a small smile gracing my face.
       Mrs.Sanders was my absolute favorite teacher of all time. She was a spritely, mischievous woman who was surprisingly cool. She stood at about 5'7 with a slim build, and was in her mid thirties. Her blonde pixie cut framed her face and thin squared glasses rested on the bridge of her nose. Mrs.Sanders had this tiny machine on her which beeped whenever she was low on sugar. She truly was a character.

"How are you today Jesse? I saw your little accident outside the classroom," she smirked knowingly.

I felt my face begin to burn up as a blush made its way onto my to my face, "Oh um, I'm quite alright. I was just rushing and one thing led to another, all the sudden I'm on the ground! It's just one of those days I suppose," I said slightly embarrassed; a small giggle seeping from my mouth. "Yes, just one of those days. Hey, will you pass out these papers? I just don't seem to have enough time! I still need to get everyones grades in the system before the progress reports go out," Mrs.Sanders asked.
That's another thing about Mrs.Sanders; she's one of the most relatable teachers I've ever come across. I nodded quiet agreement, a smile on my face from the pleasant exchange.

The papers were held tightly in my arms as I began to make my way around the classroom. I blew my purple hair out of my face, it was bleached to absolute death but I'm trying to get it back in shape without letting my roots grow out. Let me tell you, its easier said then done.
I had a tendency to bleach and/or dye my hair in a desperate attempt to be less modest and traditional. At least it gave a feeble amount of color to my graying life. Once the papers had been passed out (which happened faster than expected...probably because I was narrating my thoughts in my own head), I sat at my desk and daydreamed of being miscellaneous things; it just happened to be a pirate this time. This was how I spent most of my time...no not pretending to be a pirate! Daydreaming! As a human being I often got bored so I came up with new worlds of mysteries and magic to entertain myself.

Mrs.Sanders came down and sat down at her desk right as the bell rang. Kids began to talk and do their warm-ups efficiently without disruption, that was until good ole' Kade decided to waltz in late as ever. It was twenty minutes into class already for gods sake! We only have 45 minutes each class, you might as well skip! I really shouldn't be so worked up about this but Kade is constantly late which totally knocks me out of my artificial comatose state, and honestly I just didn't like him that much as a person.
Maybe it's because I'm jealous. Maybe it's because Kade is actually interesting. He's openly bisexual, he always came in with a visible hangover so you knew he partied the night before, he had outspoken loud mouth friends, and despite the obvious affects from the night before he was always smiling and goofing off. Which made me pissed. However Kade was just one of many, his boyfriend; Jackson, Chris, Lily, Erica, Nick and his twin Nicki, Raymond, and Ash. That hole clique was so intense and embellished that all I really wanted to do was be them. You know, It's strange how they fit in but are so interesting. I could never even think that their lives were anywhere near as bare as mine. Yeah, I was just

J E L O U S

I guess that's ok though.

Hey guys! Im the author of this little book. I dunno what im doing. I think i may have over described shit! But whatever...hope you guys liked it! Stay in drugs, eat your school, and don't do vegetables.