Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Reflection

Black, I can't see anything but black but it took me a while to realize that my eyes were closed.
I open my eyes and a blinding light from the sun outside met mine.
I look around to found any presence but there's none.
I'm not really sure where I was.
But I'm certainly lying on a bed inside a massive room with strange things.
My body feels extremely numb like I was paralyzed  and I can't even move every single part of my body except my two eyes.

It took me years to regain my strength to get up. When my feet touch the cold tile of the floor I nearly fall down.
So I take a step towards the wall to get something to lean on to prevent me from falling.

 As I walk my eyes is fixed on the door in front of me hesitating if I should open it or not and thinking what I might see outside. But I just decided to do so anyway.

A gloomy and eerie hallway appeared to me. This place is strangely familiar.
A vintage looking painting is on the wall with intricate and bold designs. There are others doors in every corners but the door in the end of the hallway seems to be never opened.

A thick layer of dust has built on the floor. Cobwebs on the ceiling, there are things strewn all over the floor and papers piled up on the corner. Everything is a mess. It seems like it's been left for couple of years.

"Hello? " I said with a hoarse voice. My throat feels awfully dry. I took a step going near the door.

"Is anybody out there?" I mumbled, but I
did not get any answer. I can only hear the deafening silence.

"It looks like I'm all alone" I whispered.

But how did I get here? Why I'm in that room a while ago? Fear crept through my system.

I glances on the other side and I saw  an elegant staircase with curvaceous designs going downstairs.

 As I take my step carefully I was amazed by the victorian style look of the furnitures despite of having a thick layer of dust everywhere. The wall furnishing were obviously expensive.

Velvet drapes framed the high arched windows, the laced inner curtains remained drawn, allowing daylight to enter. Near the relic of seventies I saw another vintage looking painting nailed on wall but this time it has a girl painted on it and also double the size of the first one. It looks like the owner of this house is fantastically fond of paintings.

This place smells like dust and age.

A massive mirror caught my sight. I started walking on the Persian rug cove red a shopworn carpet while looking at the front door that could accomodate a family of giraffes.

I stop right in front or the mirror and it caught my reflection.
I was surprised to see what I look like.

My long hair was nearly white. My skin were white as snow and my plump lips were red as cherry. I'm wearing an ivory colored laced dress. But the last thing that caught my attention is my winter-grey colored eyes, they're beautiful and profound but I didn't found any emotions. 

It takes a while before I take away my eyes off on my reflection in the mirror. But I feel like there's something wrong, there's something I need to know.

At that very moment I started running taking glances in every corners of the house hoping that I would find the back door. I don't really know the main reason why I'm running right now but I just want to get out of this house.

At last I saw a wooden door near the counter. I tried to open it but it won't budge even a little. I tried again but this time I gather all my strength and open it. The wooden door successfully opened. I take a step outside and I saw a very spacious backyard.

It was abandoned, the backyard is on a slight slope.The grass was already tall slightly hiding the pathway.

There's a weather-beaten slat gazebo sat at the far end of a mostly brown lawn. When I look at the whole house it is built red Lyons sandstone with the most god-awful-looking wall I've ever seen.
On the right side there's a cracked foundation pierced by creeper tendrils thicker than my wrist. At the end there's a tall metal gate and I have no idea what's behind that.

In the meantime I decided to walk in the overgrown patio while kicking some grass. Fortunately when I get there the gate is unlocked. But it still hard to open since the metal gate is massive.

When the gate successfully opened it expose the lovely and deep woods.

The atmosphere here is really weird. It looks like I'm in a different side the world.

"Woah" I said in amazement while smiling.

But suddenly the smile on my lips quickly fades.

A cold wind carries the whispers of the scarecrow. The forest brought back the memories of misery and dark past.

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞