"I know mom. Let's go or we will get late." I said not wanting to discuss that.

Sure I feel bad about what happened but that doesnt mean I'm stuck there. I have never been that person. I move on pretty quickly even if it hurts.

We settled in our limousine and after twenty minutes we arrived at the hotel where this party was organized. We went inside the ballroom while the paparazzi clicked our pictures.

As we went inside I looked around and the place was really beautiful. Bright lights illuminated the place and gave it a breathtaking look. People were all around the place enjoying the evening.

As we went inside I felt like someone was staring at me. As cliche as it sounds but the intensity was so strong that I suddenly felt self conscious.

I turned around to see a hot and sexy man staring at me. I looked in his eyes ; a beautiful shade of grey. His eyes held so much emotions in them but he looked so cold and reserved.

I was so caught in staring and thinking that I didn't see him coming towards me. As he came my dad greeted him first.

"Good evening Mr. Knights." Dad greeted him.

Oh fuck! I didn't knew it that he was The Ryan Knights. He was standing in front of me and I was still standing there shocked. I need to stop studying all the time. He is all over the media according to my friends.

" Meet my daughter, Mayla Grayson." I heard my name being called and surely dad was introducing me.

"Hi. I'm Mayla. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Knights."I said extending my hand for handshake. Wow! I said that without stuttering and with confidence.

I don't know suddenly how that confidence came.

Oh..look sweetheart you aren't looking into his eyes but his chest.

That's the reason you spoke with confidence.

He took my small hand in his big soft ones and said,

"Nice to meet you Ms. Grayson. I learned from your father that you are gonna take over the company after graduation?" He asked.

His voice is so sexy just like his eyes and body.

Oh shut up Mayla. This is not the time to think about that.

"Your voice is so se..i mean yes I'm taking over after I graduate."I said looking anywhere but in his eyes realising what i was about to say.

But I didn't miss the smirk on his face when he heard my slip up.

Have you lost it!? How could you say that in front of him? He is your partner. Business partner and nothing else.

"Then you must be aware that I'm your partner and I want you to look into my eyes when we talk." He said with so much authority that no one can deny him.

"Yeah.."I said still not able to meet his cold eyes.

How could I? I know I'll say something stupid again.

"I don't like to repeat myself Ms. Grayson. I want you to look into my eyes when we talk." he said. I can feel his eyes burning my soul.

"I don't have to obey you Mr. Knights. I'm gonna be your partner, not your employee, so you have no right to order me." I said now looking into his angry eyes.

But before he can answer dad came. I didn't know it that he wasn't there.

" Mayla.. You have to meet the others too." Thankfully Dad said that saving me.