33- THE AGE LINE

ZOE DIDN'T REALLY KNOW WHAT SHE SHOULD BE EXPECTING from Blaise as she waited for him in the Entrance Hall. He had requested for her to meet him there and bring her broom. She was leaning with a rather bored manner against her broom, wondering how long it could take for Blaise to eat.

When he arrived, Blaise gave his usual nod to acknowledge her presence and led them outside of the castle, with his arm around a Quaffle and the other one clutching to his broom. Zoe walked beside him, staring at him expectantly to explain.

Blaise didn't turn to look in her direction but started, "Professor Snape will inform the team tomorrow I'm the new Captain of Slytherin. I wanted to have one last practice before so I could plan out the practice and exercises for the team. I assumed since I'm risking detention for you for stealing, the least you could is be the test subject for my planned practice."

"Fair enough." Zoe said casually.

Fortunately, the weather hadn't too bad all day when they got to the Quidditch pitch so the grass was dry. Blaise set his broom on the ground and Zoe followed his lead. Blaise stared at her up and down, an arrogant expression playing on his face.

"For this practice I'll be your Captain which means you'll do everything I say. Then I'll get you the Mandrake leaf."

"Fine." Zoe sighed, gathering up her black hair and tying it into a pony tail on the top of her head. She didn't like the idea of Blaise being in charge of her, however she needed that Mandrake leaf.

"Excellent." Blaise said, smirk tugging his lips.

They started by throwing the Quaffle to each other on the ground. Blaise instructed her to do different catching and throwing techniques which she obliged.

"After you've caught it hold your arm closer to your body, less of a chance for someone to kick it out of your arms." Blaise said, his stare fixed on the Quaffle and Zoe's arm.

Zoe moved her arm, gaining a better grip on the red leathered ball.

"Like this?"

"No." Blaise shook his head and walked towards her.

Zoe stayed still as Blaise stood directly behind her, only couple inches between their bodies. He grabbed her wrist and elbow, moving them into the position he wanted. His hands were big and appeared powerful. She could see the veins on the back of his hands. Zoe's breath hitched in her throat as she tried to concentrate. However, it was quite hard as she felt Blaise's breath on her bare neck. His aroma took over the air around them, made its way to her nostrils and all she could smell was the fresh, manly fragrance.

"You got it?" Blaise asked, taking a step back.

Zoe let out a shaky breath of relief and showed she was able to do the movement.

"Good girl."

The black-haired girl whipped her head around to face him, her ponytail moving along in a great curve. She was met with Blaise's darkly amused expression. Zoe gave a roll of her eyes at this sight.

"Are we done now? When do we mount the brooms?" Zoe required, bored.

"Now."

Blaise and Zoe played a very common game for just Chasers to practice, Steal the Quaffle. It was very simple: one would have to try to steal the Quaffle from another before they tried to shoot it through the goalposts.

Their Chaser techniques were quite different and represented their personalities well.

Zoe was loud. Her techniques were bold, aggressive and she didn't plan on them very long.