five

Niall

It was 1:00 a.m on a Tuesday night and I still wasn't able to fall asleep.

Not because I wasn't tired, in fact if I were anywhere else I'm sure I'd be sound asleep.

But the constant laughing and screaming from the room adjacent from mine seemed like it would never end.

Of course I knew who Harry was talking to, he's been talking to her almost every night for the past two weeks, and yet I haven't gotten a letter from this girl for the past week. 

If I'm being completley honest it somewhat irks me that Harry and Saige still talk. I know that they've been friends for years, but it still kind of hurts. Harry is my best friend, and he's talking to my ex-girlfriend. It just didn't seem right. 

Harry mumbled something that apparently was hilarious, for Saige's contagious laugh echoed throughout his room and seeped through the walls into mine.

My teeth gritted and even though my face was planted into the plush pillow, her laugh still replayed through my head.

Saige was one of those girls who thought her laugh was the worst sound in the world, but it never stopped her from laughing. From my time with her, I realized that she had three different types of laughs: one was when she was around people she didn't know, she felt awkward and nervous so it was obvious, at least to me, that it was forced. Her second laugh was the one I was hearing right now. The one where her body would lunge forward and her chin touched her chest, her eyes would be squeezed shut, and if you were lucky; a few tears  would fall from the corner of her eyes. She would hold her stomach open her mouth wide. Not many people could make her laugh like this, infact, while we were dating I recall her saying I was the reason for that laugh.

And now it's Harry. Harry was the one causing her eyes to squeeze shut, her mouth to be wide open and her gorgeous laugh lines to appear.

With this thought in mind my blanket was thrown to the ground and before I could think about what I was doing, I was pushing open the white door to Harry's room.

The moment I stepped through, Harry's head twisted and his eyebrows knited together, as if he didn't know why I was in here. 

My mouth opened to yell at him to let me sleep, but as soon as my eyes switched from Harry to the computer screen, I froze.

It just now dawned on me that I haven't seen Saige for months, and holy shit she's changed.

Her hair is now her natural shade of brown, and it's longer. Much longer. In place of the silver necklace I gave her on our fifth month anniversary, there was a gold locket. Her eyes were the same though, still bright and shining. Though if I'm not mistaken, they turned an even darker color of brown when she saw me.

Her mouth, previously open wide was now closed, her lips forming a straight line. It looked like she was almost hurt that I was here.

Because I made no effort to talk to her? Or because I interuptted hers and Harry's conversation?

"Niall? Were you going to say something?" Harry sounded irritated, as if he had been calling my name for a while. He probably was, and I almost felt bad for not paying attention to him. Almost.

"Keep it down. I'm trying to sleep."

The silence was awkward after that. I expected Harry to make some arguement back, but he didn't. In fact, he looked almost sorry. Either that he was keeping me up, or that he was talking to Saige. Given his guilty look, I assumed the latter.

Right as I was about to exit the dead silent room, Saige's eyes squeeze shut and a large burst of laughter falls from her lips.

Harry looked puzzled, but I just smiled on the inside.

She was always one to laugh during awkward moments, it was something she had tried to work on, but I really just loved it.

Before I knew it, the smile that I had held was now forming slowly on my lips until I full on smile was evident.

After a few moments Saige calmed down and looked up from her lap, just in enough time for us to lock eyes. Her smile was slowly fading, but from the bright light of her laptop, a small blush was beginning to rise on her cheeks.

This only made my smile grow all that more.

"Goodnight." I mumbled, not feeling a great desire to make my exit dramatic. 

The response back was a simple nod from Harry and Saige looking down at her lap.

A few minutes after I shut the door they began talking just as loudly as before.

Harry laughed softly. "Well that was awkward."

"I dunno, I liked seeing him again."

After that there was a long silent pause which lead me to think the conversation was over. My next action was to try to go back to bed. But a soft, embarrassed whisper from the other side of Harry's door stopped me from pursuing my one and only desire at the moment.

"I miss him."

A/N

Hello, yes, I'm back. Sort of.

I was on break because of me wanting to have a social life with my friends again.

During this time a lot of my really good friends on Wattpad decided to leave, I'm kind of really upset about this, but there's nothing I can do.

The only reason I say "sort of" with me coming back is because I'll still update and all, but it won't be always constant. Especially since I have finals coming up, but then Summer! And I'll be on more yey.

Sorry this chapter sucked, I kind of needed a lead in for the next chapter.

I love you guys lots and lots.

[Sorry this was really short]