four

Saige

Dear Niall,

I was at work yesterday and there were a group of teenage girls that were freaking out. In fact I think one of them was crying. 

"I know I'm not ever even going to meet Niall but the fact that he's going out with Barabra f-ing Palvin. I-I don't know it just hurts." the girls all nodded.

You're dating a model? I'm actually really happy for you. I mean good lord, a model? That's..crazy. Not crazy that you couldn't get a model, cause you get get thousands of models, just crazy that it's her. God this isn't coming out right. I'm done. I just wanted to say I'm happy for you.

So, this photo. I didn't take it, neither did you, I think it was a paparazzi or maybe some fan. I don't really know. But I remember printing it out and you laughing at my "obsession with you" when in fact, I just liked the picture.

I remember you trying to go on Google and search up my name, looking for any picture of me to print out. But you couldn't. And I just laughed, it seemed you forgot I wasn't famous.

I love you Niall,

-Saige

P.S you have a girlfriend now, if she doesn't want me sending letters just tell Harry to tell me and I'll stop.

-Saige

Sighing I licked the envelope to ensure it would be closed.

With my chin in the palm of my hand, I closed out of the article on The Sun about Niall and Barabra.

I wasn't lying when I said I was happy for him, but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt. I don't expect him to take as long to get over me. It's been 6 months. Half a year. 26 freaking weeks and yet I'm still not able to go on a date without thinking of that precious blonde I still adore.

An annoying noise pulled me out of my thoughts and I looked up to notice Harry Skype calling me.

I hadn't realized until now that it might be awkward for Harry and Niall, Niall's best friend talking to his ex-girlfriend. But it'd be awkward for me and maybe Harry, seeing as we were friends before Niall and I dated. Just because we broke up doesn't mean I can't talk to my friend..which is also his friend. Right?

"Ayo, Saige?" Harry's eyes were wide with concern and somewhat annoyance.

"Hey, sorry. What's up?" I smiled at him, maybe the first sincere smile I've had this week.

"Nothing much." He relaxed a bit, leaning back in his chair. "You?"

I shrugged, still scrolling through some articles about Niall and Barabra online. "Just reading some magazines."

He quirked an eyebrow. "What magazines?" He leaned forward, as if he could get closer to me. 

"The Sun. Anyway, what did you do today-"

"Goodness Saige, you aren't reading about Niall and Barabra are you?" 

"What? No." I quickly closed my Safari tab and made Skype a full screen.

"Don't lie to me." He kept his face serious, arms crossed and eyebrows raised. 

I groaned. "Am I not allowed to check up on what my ex-boyfriend is up to?" 

"It's weird when you're reading full length articles about him and another girl.." He scoffed.

"I was not reading. I was skimming." I nodded with my lips puckered.

"Oh sure." He rolled his eyes. Before I could make another snarky reply he continued. "He asked about you today."

"What did he say?" I rose my eyebrow and leaned forward, just as Harry had done earlier.

"He just asked how you were doing, and I said you were fine. And then he asked if you were dating again and then I reminded him he was late for his date."

I nodded slowly. Not having any reply.

"So, are you dating?" His arms were folded on the desk, staring right back at me.

"I, um-well." I sighed. "No I'm not. I haven't got much time for it anyway. Between my job and I'm looking for an actual career."

"You have time to date Saige. Don't BS me." 

"I'm not! I just, need to focus on other things."

"Look, Saige, I know you're not completely-"

"Can we talk about something else?" I bit my lower lip and rung my hands. "Please?"

He wanted to continue our serious conversation but noticing the look of distress he nodded. "Fine."

----

Harry and I ended up talking for 4 more hours. He had fallen asleep at 10:03 pm after he moved to his bed.

I really love Harry and I's relationship. We always have fun, talking and joking around. But he knows when and how to confront me, and I him. We can have serious conversations and get pissed at each other, to the point of yelling but we still remain good friends.

I won't lie to myself, saying I have/had no feelings for him. He's a tall brunette with amazing eyes. He knows what to say and of all the people in my life he knows me best.

But the fact that I also know him best, it's hard to see myself with him.

I'm trying to decide if that's a good or bad thing.

~~~~A/N~~~~

SO AFTER FREAKING HOURS OF EDITING AND REDOING EVERYTHING, I WAS ABLE TO COME UP WITH A NEW CHAPTER IM SORry if you liked where the old plot was going but i didn't. i wasn't really able to put what i wanted to happen next into words.

so uM ya

ily and i changed my alias btw bc im talking to this guy named dakota and idk it's just weird so im taking the name of one of my favourite books; looking for alaska.

ya ok ily bye

-A .xx

oh god

i feel like im from pretty little liars

if you watch that can we pLEASE TALK ABOUT IT

oK now byeeee