Chapter 2

Tessa pov

Tessa looked up.She was applying for the 5th job in the year. The other 4 have rejected her due to her lack of high school degree. This was her very last resort for a job due to reasons...

Sighing she walked in,she hoped she hadn't have to go to this last resort but she had too for Lucie and Jamie."Herondale Holdings." Yay. She was just so excited.(A/N: that was sarcastic) Working at Herondale Holdings doesn't mean she would see or worst meet him,after all it's a very big multi billion company expanded world wide.

She walked into the office building it was big for one building with different towers and blocks. Tessa wondered how even a multi billionaire could afford that but dismissed the thought quickly.

The lobby was big,no big was an understatement,it was gigantic. With a marble floor and paintings on the marble walls it reminded Tessa of a ancient Greek temple for some reason.

Sitting on a long mahogany table in a uniform and eyes glued on her phone was a girl who looked no more than 20 with pale blonde hair in curls and beautiful green eyes like emeralds.

"Hello." Tessa greeted her.

"How may I help you?" The girl said looking up from her phone obviously uninterested.

"Where's room 86 I have a job interview..."

"Turn left go up to lift A. 5th story. Turn left and right again to the very end of the corridor." The girl said emotionlessly

"Thank you." Tessa mumbled before walking away.

Before she knew it she was outside room 86's oak doors. Taking 2 deep breaths she knocked on the door a few times. It was rude not to knock on the door before entering Aunt Harriet used to tell her before she kicked her out of the house when she was 16.

"Come in." A voice said from inside definitely British and male.

Tessa walked in slowly,trying to regain her composure,it wasn't her first interview what was wrong with her? She had told herself a million times that he wouldn't see him but she wasn't I sure now.

What she saw next made her gasp,she suddenly felt as if somebody sucked all the oxygen from the room. No no no she thought,she felt herself rooted to the ground not moving or reacting,he couldn't be here,interviewing her out of all people.Her wrost nightmare has come true.

There lounging on the couch beside the coffee table was a man with messy black hair and deep blue violet eyes. He wore a expensive suit that must be a designer. The man was William Owen Herondale.

An/sorry if this chapter is too short I just have my exams this week so yeah...and oh yeah my ig is @pjo_confess so you could dm me there love ya

-Odestaislife