Chapter Four ☑️

"Who was that? She's kind of scary." he asked sitting beside me on the couch.

"That was Jess. You remember the one that was almost rapped at the club where I met you when your only concern was hooking up with me?"

"Yea Yea Whatever. Why does she call you Bell?" he asked.

"She says that I remind her of princess Bell from Beauty and the Beast. She's always said that I deserved a happy ending even if I have to tame a beast first." I laughed thinking about how silly it sounded. I looked up and Kyle was starring at me with this glint in his eyes. I hadn't seen that before.

"What?" I asked
He clear his throat. "Nothing."
"Okay where do we start?"

We discussed the meeting and I helped him make some decisions. After about an hour my stomach was yelling at me for food.

"Do you want anything to eat Kyle?" I asked as I got up off the couch to go to the kitchen.

"Sure, I'll have whatever you have." he said following me into the kitchen

I start preparing to make a home made pizza. Kyle helps put the toppings on and he places it in the oven. I start the timer and sit down on a bar stool beside Kyle.

"I didn't know you could cook Bella." Kyle said looking surprised.

"There is a lot you don't know about me Kyle."

"Okay then, how about we play 21 questions?"

"Okay, you go first" I say looking at him curiously.

Kyle: "Okay...so what is your favorite color?"

Me: "Lime green and yours?"

Kyle: "Red, your turn."

Me: "Why are you an ass one minute but a fairly decent guy the next?"

Kyle: "I don't know if you have noticed Bella but I have several issues."

Me: "yeah I've noticed." I smiled up at him.

Kyle: "okay next question. How was your childhood?"

Me: "sucked. Next question" I say trying to get off of the subject.

Kyle: "Mine too. And I thought we didn't have anything in common." He says making me laugh a little.
"I like your laugh"
"Thanks I might say the same if I ever heard you laugh."
"I just don't have a reason to laugh"
I look at him and I notice there is something in his eyes. I see that in my own eyes when I look in the mirror. I think he's broken just like me.

A few questions later I heard the timer go off. I pulled the delicious looking greasy pizza out of the oven and started cutting it up. Kyle and I ate in a comfortable silence. He helped me clean up which surprised me but I allowed him to help.

"It's getting late Bella. I'm going to go home and get some rest. I'm sorry for today. I shouldn't have said what I said to you. I don't know you and I had no right to make assumptions about you." he spoke with sincerity. He was too cute but I wouldn't dare tell him that. If his head gets any bigger it might explode.

"You're forgiven. I'll see you tomorrow." He nodded and turned to leave. I shut the door behind him and went back to the couch.

Jess still hadn't came home yet from her date so I texted her.

Me: Hey Jess, I was just checking in on you. Are you okay?

Jess: Yea, I will be out a while since I don't have to work in the morning. We ran into some people from the firm and decided to go to another bar. Don't wait up on me, I'm good. Is the ass hole still there?

Me: Okay have fun and no Kyle just left. He apologized so I think we are okay now.

Jess: yeah well he better watch his step. That's all I'm saying. Sleep good hun!!"

Me: Night Jess. Be careful. Don't hesitate to call if you need me. I can't wait to find out about your hot date!!

I get ready for bed and lay there thinking about Kyle's life. Hopefully tomorrow is better than today.