Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

                Lily turned her body, intent on walking away to gain the attention of the hounds and lull them into lustful manners so they trusted them. As she turned however Perttu grabbed her arm.

“Don’t fight them, you’re beautiful and covered in blades but you’re too weak for them. They are too strong for a woman. If they pounce you’ll go down in seconds.”

“I understand your role Perttu – as a soldier – now let me also show you I understand mine – as your partner in all things. We play to both our strengths; we fill in for the other’s weaknesses.”

                Her slender arm slipped from his grasp and he watched her walk away. Her eyes trained on the hounds. She cocked her head ever so slightly to the left to display a little more neck with pearly skin and to show her flowing hair that hung loose and free. Her corset strings while pulled tight had been done in a rush, with no thought the appearance, only to pulling them. The strings and her hair gave her the appearance of being wild and untamed and it excited all unmated beings in her path. The sorcerers, one by one fell to their knees. “Enchantress!” They called to the vampiress’ that they watched. The hounds growl in approval at such beautiful women. That was what all women should be like they were thinking. Lily was sort of sickened to be amongst such creatures that had no control. At the same time she wasn’t so happy to be using her looks in a flirtatious and immoral way. But then, war didn’t show people at their best, it showed the primitive side. War was about doing the jobs that no else wanted to do. It was barbaric and brutal and the world would be a better place without it but nothing in the world was ever ideal. There was no utopia. There was no peace and as Lily walked the battlefield freezing the enemy that had struck first and declares war, she put shame aside and angled her body to its best advantage. She showed them her curves. She let her hair rustle in the wind. She parted her lips slightly to show off their plumpness and to let the tiny edge of her fangs be seen. She let her eyes water slightly to increase her look of vulnerable. She made herself an object of desire. She led the rest of the women along.

                Taking her lead they followed. They walked amongst the hounds, amongst the sorcerers and let their undergarments trail along the floor as their dresses would have. As the bottom of the undergarment slid across the floor, they took the chance to let the material slither along the knees of those kneeling to them. All the better to entice.

                To let his women parade around a battle field in her undergarments, with the most raw beauty he had ever seen on her on display to all, was taking a lot of restraint. He would have gotten angry and maybe lashed out at someone if not a hand had touched his arms and calmed him down. He jumped, startled at the hand and he looked down to see Niklas grinning.

“You noticed I stopped the earth moving?” He asked.

“Nope.”

“Well I did, now I need you to keep me from falling to my face. I would have said knees but I was already on them when the women came out.”

                Perttu almost laughed out loud as his friend was desperately trying to keep his eyes away but was slowly letting them wander over to the women. His eyes glazed every now and then as if all his thoughts were too out of hand.

“At least you have good taste in women, my friend.” Perttu reached down and after letting one of his arms morph back to normal, grabbed Niklas under the arm and pulled him to his feet, steadying the man whilst Niklas worked his magic and let the stick take his weight.

“What’s your plan?” Niklas asked.

“When the moon is covered the women will stop glowing. They will still look beautiful but the magic hold they have over men will disappear. They are at their most vulnerable at that point because they’ll be close to the enemy who’ll have their enchantress taken away and replaced with vampires. In their eyes. The women are armed as much as we are but they have neither training not strength. When the moon is covered I’ll have just enough power back.”