one

~Breanna Rutledge's P.O.V

"We're going to have to make this 'relationship' believable." Caitlyn the manager says, using air quotations. "The other managers said it'd be great if first you and Breanna go out as just friends."

"And how do you expect for us to walk out in public without people thinking we're more than just friends?" Louis leans back in his chair, rolling his eyes. He's starting to grow bored of the whole conversation on what we must do tomorrow.

"No holding hands, kissing, or anything romantic, so that means no fancy dinner." Caitlyn simply explains to us, "Just pretend you guys have known each other for a few years if any fans notice you, and after a week you guys can begin going out on dates. You'll obviously have to smile for cameras, kissing, all kinda of lovey dovey things. Just makes it real." She finishes her sentence, empathizing the word 'real'.

I nod, "so this friend outgoing thing starts tomorrow, correct?"

Caitlyn nods, standing up to straighten out her sophisticated dress. She made her way to the door, and nodded at me while mouthing "talk to him".

There wasn't much to talk to him about, he hated the idea of me having to be his fake girlfriend. I doubt he even wants one anyways. Yesterday at the meeting, I had been trying to talk to him, he ignored me but I kept bothering him. He ended up yelling at me calling me out on everything I was doing. Yeah, I don't know him but he doesn't know me either. It was so uncalled for and a bit immature if you ask me. I'm not going to let one little celebrity yell at me, I'm going to say something. We ended up having this one huge argument, the managers had to put the both of us in separate rooms for us to calm down. It was stupid.

Today I was willing to try and get pass what happened yesterday, as we both waiting for Caitlyn to come back from wherever I sat in a small wooden chair adjacent to him. Nudging him softly, I offered him a smile but he ended up cringing at me.

"What is your problem?" I say getting frustrated, "Why can't we just work together and not have any problems. We just met last week, you won't even let me start a nice simple conversation with you. You're so difficult."

"You're my problem." He mutters, pulling his chair farther from me.

"I'm so sorry?" It came out more like a question than a statement.

He shrugs, "I'm leaving, tell Caitlyn I went home.' He suddenly stands up storming out of the meeting room.

He is just so difficult, he's so hard to get along with and I'm trying to get on his good side. Talking to him won't do good, if I randomly disappeared on earth we all know he'd be praising God. I haven't done anything to him and I just don't understand why he hates me so much, if this isn't hate then I don't know what it is. I've never met anybody as arrogant as him, or maybe it's just me being the arrogant one. If I ever need a job like this again, I'm going to ask the managers first what his attitude is like first. This is absolutely ridiculous.

After a few minutes, Caitlyn still hasn't returned. I soon decide to leave, there was nothing to do I was playing a few games on my phone. I finally pushed myself to get up and fled the building, finding the front door. As I pushed the door open, a small breeze hits my face. I begin to walk to my black Toyota Highlander, soon making it inside, starting it up, then driving off.

While I was driving my mind had been stuck on a few things. It was just regular things, but mostly these management problems. I was just curious about Louis, I wanted to know more about him and why his dislike toward me is so strong. There are many assumptions from it though, maybe they hired me to hide his actual relationship with his actual girlfriend or something? All I know about him is that all his girlfriends so far in the past few years when they all first became well known were fake. Management didn't want to give away too much information about him I guess.

Soon enough, I was home in front of my apartment building. Quickly exiting my car and hurrying inside, as I finally made it in I was greeted by the elder lady whose name is Lucy. She always sits in the lobby looking outside of the windows smilingly. She hasn't had much to do ever since her husband had passed, but she has been trying to find a lot of happiness ever since, I can see she's been trying. She was like a grandmother to me, I spilled all of my secrets to her, I trusted her. Although my grandparents had passed, I was oh so grateful that I had Lucy. She made me believe in myself more when she poured out her life to me of how things were with her when she was

younger. She had a few bumpy hills, but she made it through life.

I had a lot of things on my mind; I ended up grabbing one of the chairs in the lobby and sitting beside Lucy giving her a fair smile.

"Hello, sweetheart." Lucy begins, returning a smile but hers bigger, brighter than mine. "How's everything?"

"Things are fine..." I trail off, playing with the torn skin on my finger.

Lucy shakes her head, "Obviously not." She taps my leg, making me stare at her. "Have you got a new job yet?

About a few weeks ago I had been in Lucy's apartment ranting on how it should be easier to get a job; now I'm not complaining about anything because I have a job and it's working out fine... just a bit. This usually happens, I love my jobs but there's always one thing that fucks everything up and I end up regretting everything.

"Yeah, I have." Nodding I whisper, "My new boyfriend is Louis Tomlinson actually."

The only person I've had the guts to tell my job to was basically Lucy, she understood that I didn't exactly want to do this, it was one of the best jobs especially since the paying was good. I needed the money for fair multiple reasons. My apartment was one of them, I need to pay for that or at least move out. I've been in this apartment building for far too long.

"He's from One Direction is he?"

Laughing, I nod. It's crazy how a lady who is older than fangirls can know so much about certain boybands, that's one thing I love about Lucy. She knows basically everything and I can just talk to her about most things without her asking about who the person or people are and what their occupation is. She's in all honesty the best, I love her.

"Yes. It's like he hates me, at first I thought it was for being his fake girlfriend, but it's not. He dislikes me for some reason, every time I try to talk to him about it he either ignores me or tells me to fuck off." I lower my volume once I say 'fake girlfriend.' Even though it was just the both of us in the lobby, I didn't want to be so loud anyways.

"He needs to get his junk together, sweetie." Lucy replies very smartly, "or I'll have to do it for him."

Oh, Lucy. You're insane.

a/n: hello guys. i hope you like this first chapter although this seems to be going a little too fast, but it's my whole point actually. you'll understand when you're in the middle of the book, uhhh. please vote, comment, and give me a fan. it means the world to me. thank you. :)