000. ' new beginnings '

0. ' new beginnings '

Clark never did much with his life in the traditional sense, him not starting a family is the first. He was in his late 30's, which was usually the time to start a family but his job had made that quite hard.

He had been an FBI agent, 'had ' being the correct term. His old job required him to get shot at on almost a daily basis and it didn't help that he had quite a few people with vendettas against him.

Clark had tried dating a few guys and gals whilst working as an agent, back when he had started out. In the end, they had all said something along the lines of 'I don't think I can handle the stress of you going around and getting shot at.' or with him getting cheated on.

He had joined the military when he was twenty, in which he stayed for ten years; training newbies, serving his country and fighting for freedom. This all changed once his girlfriend had dropped a baby on his doorstep saying that he was responsible for their newborn- his son.

She left and Clark had to go off to Iraq; not the most optimal timing in his opinion. This left the baby with his sister so he decided to join the FBI so he could be closer to her and take care of his son.

After five years working for the FBI, Clark had decided it was time for a change. As much as it pained Clark to leave his team at the Smithsonian, he needed to move on. His partner, Temperance Brennan, thought so too. He quit his job and went out to find another, during this time he took to looking after Parker, his life and son.

What Clark didn't know was that a woman with short brown hair and an evil stare had a plan to recruit him for her agency. She made a set up in a little cafe that Clark enjoyed to put out her plan.

"So will you do it?" She asked, her cold hard stare on him.

"Sure, but who and what exactly am I working for?" Clark asked, keeping a tough exterior on. Maybe it was stupid to say yes, but Clark had a gut feeling and his gut is never wrong.

"Patricia Thornton. The Phoenix Foundation." She told Clark.

authors note //
Did anyone get the Bones reference? I love Bones, sad that it ended though.

[edited 5-04-18] I WILL UPDATE SOON, JUST FIXED SOME HOLES IN THE STORY