"i'd like it better--" a tumble of slutty words were luckily interrupted by the blonde and blue eyed lad beside him, snapping us back into reality and away from the pornagraphic scene about to ensue in his family home before my very eyes.

"hey, i'm niall by the way." the friend says and extends his hand towards me and ive never wanted to not do something in my entire life. but i try to ignore my pettiness and force myself to smile, hand briskly touching niall's before pulling away immediately.

"'m liam." i say and he nods. suddenly i watch niall move closer to zayn and wrap an arm around his shoulder and i'm practically fuming at the mere gesture. it's like niall is competing with me for zayn's attention.

"i'm his long lost mate from high school. he hasn't changed much, still the best looking shithead in the room." he laughs and zayn rolls his eyes. again i watch the way niall curls his fingers around his shoulder ever so enticingly that it causes my blood to boil. biting my lip to stop myself from telling him off as if zayn was my property, i force a smile that i know just looks like pained constipation.

"always had a crush on you, didn't i?" niall continues and zayn laughs, throwing his head back. i don't know if i want to punch myself, niall, or zayn but either way the word, 'always' has my vision turning red. niall, along with the other people standing around the house are all staring at zayn with the same anticipated attraction and its driving me mad. absolutely fucking up-the-walls and tie me up in a closet mad. i've never felt this much resentment and jealousy before and it's almost dizzying.

"you were such a little stalker." zayn slurs and i'm grinding my teeth so hard that i feel like they might chip away any second. they're both unaware of my anger and i just feel like all of this is some sick joke being played on me. niall's eyes drift off, as if he's reminiscing of the time, and even the thought of the both of them possibly being something back in high school shouldn't piss me off as much as it does. the frustration is not only sexual, but it's all the bullshit that we've both gone through and didn't deserve. i couldn't blame zayn for the failure of our relationship, he couldn't help the fact that he was afraid to tell me and i couldn't help the anger i felt for all of this being so wrong when it didn't have to be.

"i used to perve on you from next door, remember when you put on a little show for me? thought i was fuckin' dreamin'!" he exclaims and zayn shakes his head with a chuckle bubbling from his throat.

"gotta love the closeted next door neighbor." the love of my life responds flirtatiously and niall's conquest just continues and i'm close to ripping my hair out. it's like they don't even know i'm standing right in front of them.

"fuck, liam, zayn was such a delinquent. the bloody guy had community service every-fucking-weekend in the park with that awful orange get together picking up rubbish and everyone would drive by and ogle him. i'm pretty sure the entire school was in love with you." niall professes and i wonder if it'd be okay if i grabbed niall by his shoulders and pushed him out onto the doorstep. if i could act like a possessive puppy and curl around zayn and bark at incoming visitors.

zayn nods and directs his focus on me now, gazing into my eyes so deeply that i feel my knees almost give out. so simply and intoxicatingly, he responds softly, "yeah, i know what i want now."

"didn't you sleep with the entire--" niall completely disregards it and i don't know if my jealousy and racing heart can take it anymore to know. suddenly interrupting him, i find myself backing away.