Epilogue: Not Gonna Die

Few months gone fast and still, Hillary could not believe that her best friend was murdered by the same rumored beast that killed the town Mayor, Luna’s father.

  She was standing right before her best friend’s grave, holding the unnamed borrowed book which was not returned to the library.

  Sadness struck her as she remembers the scene when she saw the moment that the town’s people managed to recover Luna’s body. She was found inside a bloodied circle, almost unrecognizable. Her body was dried as if life was literally sucked out of its host.

  As Hillary mourned for her loss, she never realized that there were two pairs of eyes watching her from afar.

  “She’s a good friend. A brave girl if I may add,” Vandred commented.

  “Indeed. I will never have the chance to meet someone like her again.” Luna wiped the tears from her eyes using the back of her palm.

  “Do you have any regrets?” he asked. Up until now, he’s confused. He doesn't know if Trinity’s mad at him for turning her into a vampire like himself.

  “You said it was the only way to save me,” Luna quickly responded. “If it wasn’t for you, I would have been buried under that grave for real.”

  Vandred smiled bitterly. “Good thing they didn’t notice,” he commented.

  "The woman has the same physique as mine. May she rest in peace."

  He held her hand but he never felt the same warmth. Luna was not the same woman she used to know but he needed that sacrifice to be with the love of her life.

  “I planted no grudge against you. I was supposed to be dead,” she explained. Luna faced Vandred and gave him a quick peck on the lips. “But you gave me another chance to live my life.”

  Vandred closed the gap between their lips, sharing their love for one another.

(END)