Chapter III. Falling In The Black

• Dedicated kay Jaybii Abargos

     Luna’s desire to avenge his father devoured the fear she felt for long — extracting the remains of her fright. For a lady like her, nothing was more dreadful than being alone in the middle of the night only guided by the fainted light of her lamp. But Luna was different. She bravely took the road to the graveyard of their town.

  There's no turning back, she told herself.

  Luna knew that fear was temporary. Sooner or later, there will always come a time in everyone’s life when people should learn how to face the music in the most unexpected way.

  She knew that she was one step closer. This might be madness but she has decided. Resurrecting the dead might be a piece of cake, now that she knew the trick, but there‘s neither a specific detail nor procedure to tame a monster upon its awakening.

  Luna gulped as she halted in front of an old mausoleum. Among the countless tombstones standing within the place, this one is the most exceptional. A huge resting place made of cement. The stone walls, even the pillars were decorated with ancient carvings.

  The grave was guarded by a gate, with thick bars made of heavy iron. Luna thought that it was locked but the moment she caressed the cold surface, the gate creaked wide open as a jolt of electricity streamed down her entire body.

  She slowly walked inside until she reached the middle of the room where a stone coffin can be found. The moment she threw her gaze upon the tomb, her heart races like a roaring thunder.

  There was something in there which bothered her.

    She can feel it. Something odd yet also familiar.

  The thumping of her heart grew faster and louder as she removed the yellow paper glued on top of the cold surface. She carefully pushed the stone cover, finally opening the coffin.

    Bewilderment struck her when she noticed that it’s not as heavy as she thought it looked.

  And there it was. Luna’s eyes widened as she stared at the creature. Right before her eyes was the monster she was bound to revive.

××××××××××

  The moon was full. From the light it casted, came a shadow of a beast under metamorphosis. Its body began to quiver, where hair started to sprout. The nails became claws. The teeth became fangs. Its pure eyes were tainted by sorrow and fury.

  As the creature lifted his head and looked at himself in the mirror, he was no longer the man he used to be. Brandon was already engulfed by madness. His heart was tainted and finally succumbed to the abyss.

  The night was filled with terror as the howl of the beast reverberated throughout the town. The time has come. The monster inside him has been unleashed.

  He leapt from the balcony of his room, seeking for another fresh meat to feast upon. His inner instinct from his past life was reborn the moment he slaughtered the man who fathered the one he loved.

  There's no stopping a predator. There is no cure for his hunger. No one can aid his thirst aside from Luna.