Chapter One: Meet My Mother

"Yes sir. No sir. Of course sir," I mimic my mother quietly of what she had just said to the policeman as she pulls out the parking spot that our car had remained for the nearly three hours that it had taken her to release me from the police station.

Glancing out of the passengers seats' car window, I see the stingy secretary who had given me disgusted looks when I first entered the station with cuffs on, still looking at me. I make it a point to look directly at her eyes, and no where else. Women like her would attempt to look appealing by wearing low cut shirts and caked on makeup that only made them look worse but, really in their sub conscience it was just to take away attention from their less wanted features. In her instance, it was her knees and hands. I knew that I easily intimidated her, so I smirked at her and she quickly looked down at her desk.

Earlier that day

"Mommy! She's doing it again!," whines the 7 year old monster named Angela, that I am forced to call my sister.

"Elizabeth and Angela, you two need get down to the kitchen table to set it, and Elizabeth, you better explain yourself!,"my mother yells with her "angry" voice, that she only uses when my sister is complaining.

Staring down my sister, I grab my phone and walk downstairs, mentally preparing for whatever she was about to say, and what I could retort back. Generally speaking, it doesn't matter what I was doing, so long as I reply to my mother in the opposite manner she spoke to me, and then play a few games along the way.

"Good morning mother!,"I chirp in the most sickly sweet voice I have practiced.

"Elizabeth, don't even try that on me! This is ridiculous, your six years older than your sister, and you can't be the mature one here? I've had enough of your little games!"

"By the tone of your voice, expression on your face, and shaking hands, all put together, I'd say you are about to punish me. Oh wait- I forgot, you said yesterday, and I quote, 'No punishment is great enough for all that you've done to your loving family!'. Then right after that you stormed off into your bedroom.," I state very calmly, making sure she understands each and every word.

"That does it! Give me your phone. Now. I am sick and tired of your antics, and you bossing me around isn't going to fly around here anymore. If your father were here... J-just go to your room!" my mother screams in frustration.

"Oh sure, I mean it's not like I have any friends to text anyways, and I've never bossed you around, you simply were too daft to realize that manipulation is a skill I gained while studying the interactions between you and my father at a young age. My father isn't here, so he wouldn't do anything. He isn't here because he left you. He left you and his daughters for some other woman, and probably has his own perfect family.,"I say to her, leaving my mother astonished.

As I walk up to my room, I notice my little sister has been eaves-dropping our entire conversation, not like I care. I'm a little surprised at just how well that worked out for me. I really do not mind that she took my phone away, when I told her that I have no friends to text, that was the truth. She gave me that phone in an attempt to make up for the fact that I have no friends, she thinks that I should be "more social with children my age", and quite frankly, I do not mind having no friends. Kids my age are unknowing, irresponsible, annoying, and the girls particularly are ditsy. I prefer having a sophisticated conversation with a respectable adult rather than "hanging out" with a friend who just wants to talk about boys and clothing.

Laying down on my bed, I think about what I should do today. I could always ride my bike down to the Shop 'n Stop and talk to my friend Bert. He works at the counter, and we always have very intellectual conversations about the economy and stock markets. Maybe I shouldn't bother him today... He's been acting rather strange lately, I would presume it's the medications he's on. I could go to the school playground, but then again I'm risking seeing the childish boys. I heard that there was a township fair today. Maybe I'll have fun there, I do enjoy those fortune tellers.