one

Alice walked the familiar Platforms at King's Cross station with her mother, Erin. She had a smile on her face like always, happy to see her friends again. She had a pep in her step, and her mother had to keep her from running to the train.

"Calm down, Al, we'll get there when we get there!" She said, laughing. She remembered when she went to Hogwarts, and most times went a lot like this.

"Sorry, mum. I'm just excited to see Thalia and Jade, I barely got to see Thalia over the summer," Alice said sheepishly.

She was already mentally planning how the year would go. It was her fourth year, and her mother had informed her there would be a special event occurring this year. Alice was curious, having no idea what would be coming this year.

Eventually, the two reached the train. Alice was just about to board the train, Erin stopped her.

"What, you're going to leave without giving your mother a hug?" She asked.

"Sorry..." Alice said, wrapping her arms around her mother before letting go.

"Go on, see your friends! Be good, and don't cause too much mischief," Erin replied, smiling.

"I won't, Mum," Alice said, waving goodbye as she boarded the train.

Erin kept a smile on her face but was saddened to see her daughter growing up so fast. It had seemed like only yesterday she was a year old. Erin knew if she pondered it more, she would begin to cry.

---

Alice boarded the train, searching for any sign of her friends. She began moving towards the middle of the train, where they usually sat, when out of nowhere, another body collided with hers.

"Watch where you're going," A voice grumbled.

Alice looked up to see none other than Draco Malfoy. She stood up as fast as she could, and walked away quickly to avoid the interaction. Given the choice of being insulted horribly or not, she would definitely go with the latter.

Eventually, Alice found a compartment with Thalia inside of it. She walked in, sitting down next to her friend. Thalia immediately wrapped her in a hug.

"It's been so long! I mean, we sent letter to each other over the summer, but it just isn't the same! All we need is for Jade to come, and then the trio will be back together!" Thalia said excitedly, beaming brightly. She often tended to ramble, but Alice never minded. To her, it was easier to listen rather than talk.

Soon after, Jade joined the two. She smiled, almost as brightly as Thalia. The three talked about there summer, and what they were going to do this year.

"So... Alice, are you finally going to stop staring at that one Weasley boy and actually tell him this year?" Thalia asked, a smirk on her face. She had no filter, and it was a very bittersweet thing.

Alice's cheeks turned pink. "What? I... I have no idea what you're talking about, Thalia," She said, trying to hide whatever embarrassment was being shown on her face.

"Oh, don't bother hiding it. It's rather obvious if you look close enough," Jade replied.

"Can we just drop the topic, alright?" Alice asked, not wanting to explain herself.

"Fine, we're just having a little bit of fun, Al," Thalia replied, Jade nodding along with her. "You two would be cute together though."

Alice looked down. "We are just friends." She sighed. "Nothing more, okay?"

So, they moved on to talking about what the upcoming event could possibly be. They talked for the rest of the train ride, time seemingly flying by.