I called multiple other times still only to be greeted by his voicemail.

"Hey, this is Harry. I'm probably busy right now so I'll have to call you back later. Bye."

He sounds just a little younger than now, his voice isn't as deep. Maybe if he was still that young, he'd be nice enough to pick up the phone.

Call after call, still no answer.

I just left a voicemail and stopped trying.

"Harry, please come bring me some clothes. Then just take me home. That's all I need from you. After this, I won't bother you again. Please."

I sound pathetic as ever, but I really don't care anymore.

About twenty minutes later, Brenda came in to the room with some clothes. Leggings, a white burn out T-shirt, a blue tank top, and a pair of black flip flops. My clothes.

"Harry stopped by and dropped these off for you." She fake smiled.

I cleared my dry throat, "Is he still here? You know, to take me home?"

She shook her head no. "He can't ride you back to your place, said that he doesn't have time. Lucky for you, I do have time. I'm off for the rest of the day."

"You don't have to do that." Can you drive me far away right now, please? I wish I could say.

"But I want to. And besides, what else do I have better to do? Go home and clean my house? Pay bills?" She giggles.

Without putting much more thought to it, I decided a conclusion. "Okay, sure. Just let me get dressed first." I smile as she squeals girlishly.

***

"You did what?" I laugh loudly, my eyes tearing up from laughing so much.

Brenda laughs along. "I told you two times already. I got kicked out of that frozen yogurt place!"

"I know!" I obnoxiously cackle, bringing a lot of attention to myself in the crowded mall. "But what did you even do again?"

She sighed and even giggled while doing it. "Well I went there one time and I screwed up,"

"Obviously." I interrupted.

"Shush, I wasn't finished. Anyway, it's one of those places where you made your own yogurt, weighed it, then paid, okay? Well I had no clue how to work those things. Since I didn't, I may have broke one of the machines. The yogurt would not stop coming out and I could not stop it, no matter how hard I tried! So I just got kicked out of there like last year...permanently. They got a my full name, picture, and finger prints. It was so embarrassing!" She ended the story with a half smile, holding back a laugh again.

Brenda and I are at the local mall, about ten minutes from the hospital. We wanted to go out to eat, but everywhere was super crowded. So we came here just to eat a nice meal. We passed a frozen yogurt shop and it instantly caught my eye. I requested to go there but little did I know, we could not go there. Not because we physically couldn't or didn't want to, but because Brenda literally couldn't. She had been kicked out of there for "destruction of property". In the end, we just decided for a nice slice of pizza from the food court.

I took another piece of mine into my mouth, which sadly happened to be my last bite. Picking up my cup, I slurped the last bit of my water, causing the annoying sound you make when you drink from an empty cup with a straw.

"Where do you want to go now?" I ask, happy that I followed through with Brenda's plan on taking me out.

She finished chewing and said, "Since I can't get frozen yogurt anymore, let's just head home. There's an ice cream place on the way back."