The Strongest vs. Their Secrets

The Strongest people you will ever meet will have the darkest secrets. On the mornings they get up and struggle to stay up they will remember their friends and family first. It's always the first thought that crosses their mind, and because of it they won't surrender.

     So they get up, hiding behind a smile, laughing at the jokes, never letting anyone know they hurt. When in reality their hearts are breaking. The brain is their strongest enemy. Even when they want to cry they can't.

     When the urge to tell someone becomes too great they still don't tell the truth, handling the pain in their own ways.

     Begging for someone to look in their eyes and say "tell me the truth". Begging for someone to look past their smile and see their pain. Begging for someone to hear their fake laugh and feel the pain they hide. Begging for someone to look through them and be their hero.

     Refusing to tell someone, to look weak, to look as if they're broken.

     Staying for their friends and family. That always seem to come first. Seeing strangers on the street passing by they see their pain and yearn to help. Wanting to help them avoid the pain they feel everyday. 

     Who's going to be strong for them?