Part 1

I remember it all. It was an excited day. Mom said we were going to go to the beach. She helped me get dressed in a light blue dress with a yellow shirt underneath. She helped me put on my white sandals. I didn't question why I wasn't putting on my swimming suit. She handed me my blanket and stuffed animal dog named Fuzz. She tells me to get in the car. I walk slowly to the front door. My father yells and gives me a shove to get me going faster. I fall onto my knees. Tears are on the brim of my eyes, but I run to the car and get in. We drive for a long time. Suddenly we are stopped. My stuffed dog is ripped from my grip. It gets throw out the door. My door is swung open and I get throw to the ground next to Fuzz. I start to cry. I sit up to see dust and grave flying, as my parents speed away.

I got picked up by a trucker. He brought me to the next town and dropped me off at the police station. They took me to the hospital to check my bruises and scrapes. I fell asleep and woke up to an officer carrying me into a big brick house.

He tells me it is a foster home and I will live here for a while. The people welcome me into the house and talk to the officer for a while. They show me to my room and ask if I'm hungry. Of course I was. The lady holds my hand and brings me to the kitchen. She helps me climb up onto a stool. She warms up some chicken noodle soup for me and pours a small glass of chocolate milk for me. Then I go back to sleep.