Halloween

Ch. 2

Saturday, October 31st, Halloween. Weiss woke up to her scroll ringing very loudly next to her. She groaned and picked it up not having saw who it was. "Hi Weiss!" Was the greeting on the other end.

"Hi Ruby." Weiss said tiredly. Weiss checked the screen and noticed it wasn't Yang's contact calling. Ruby must've gotten ahold of Yang's scroll and took Weiss's number from her contacts and called Weiss on her scroll.

"It's Halloween Weiss wake up!" Ruby giggled on the other end and Weiss could just imagine the smile on Ruby's face.

"Well I'm up now." Weiss grumbled sitting fully up. "What time is it anyway?"

"Hm." Ruby said and Weiss assumed she was checking the time on her scroll. "7am." Ruby finally answered sounding all too happy and energetic for this time.

Weiss's eyes widened and she groaned again. "7am on a weekend?! Ruby you're killin me here."

Ruby giggle before she spoke again. "Sorry Weiss. Yang is still passed out and Blake had to go to an emergency at work so I seized the opportunity to get your number and call. Bring your candy and costume and get your butt over here."

"Ruby the trick or treaters won't be out until it's dark. Why so early?" Weiss asked hoping she didn't sound like she was complaining.

When Ruby spoke again Weiss could here the bit of disappointment she tried to hide in her voice. "Oh well. O-Ok. Just come by whenever you feel like it then Weiss. Can't wait." She heard Ruby trying to sound happy and cheerful over it but Weiss saw right through.

Weiss chuckle and got out of bed. "I'll be there shortly Ruby. Do you want anything for breakfast?"

Immediately she heard Ruby's voice pick up again in excitement. "Pancakes!"

Weiss chuckled and nodded to herself. "Alright Ruby I'll be there."

"Ok Weiss!" And with that she hung up.

Weiss got ready after a quick shower and went off to McDonald's to get Ruby two orders of their pancakes, herself some breakfast burritos, and she basically just guessed for Yang but she hoped she got it right.

____RWBY____

Weiss arrived at the trio's place a little over an hour later. She knocked on the door balance the food in one hand. All of a sudden the door was thrown open and a bright smiled Ruby came in view. "Weiss!" She giggled and saw the food. "Here hand me it." She said holding out her hands.

Weiss chuckled and handed her the food before walking inside after Ruby. Despite having talked Yang on the phone she's never actually been inside their house. It was a nice two bedroom house and was adorn with Halloween decorations on the inside and out. "It's a nice place. The Halloween decorations look great too." Weiss took note of what Ruby was wearing. Both times she saw her in Walmart she was dressed in a pretty dress. They were different dresses though of course. But today Ruby was dressed in her pajamas. Black and red pajama pants and a black tank top with red roses on it. Her hair didn't look like it was brushed much yet either. Even when she wasn't all put together Weiss found her adorable.

Ruby nodded as she quickly grabbed one of the containers of pancakes. "I helped." She sat down at the kitchen table and Weiss smiled and grabbed her food and the rest of Ruby's pancakes.

She sat down across from Ruby and slid the other container of pancakes over to her.  "These are yours too Ruby."

Ruby's eyes went wide and she take them. "So many pancakes." She giggled and looked at Weiss. "Thank you Weiss."