Stomach in a Twist

The cool air of February washed away with the arrival of March. Students were getting ready for spring in and outside of class. Hogsmeade is becoming more enjoyable to stroll around, leaving the dorms and commons empty most of the time during the weekends.

Even the Slytherins were enjoying some time outdoors, Harry included in the mix. Unfortunately for the boy, Tom was in one of his moods where it was "study this, study that", so he was on his own today. Although, he didn't really mind. Even he needed some time away from the boy with all the time they spend together.

Hogsmeade was one of the only places he knew he could fully enjoy himself in at this school. While none of his friends are around him in this timeline, nor are any of his favorite teachers, the only consistent thing is this village. The shops are a little different. Outdated for his taste, but he supposed it's in the norm for here.

He wished he could've convinced Tom to come along with him. The idea of sitting with him and drinking butterbeers and getting candy sounded fantastic. But like he said, he was is quite a fix with work at school and needed alone time to complete it.

Which now that Harry thinks about it, this has been happening frequently.

The boy turned into Honeydukes, almost drooling at the sight of the sweet candies and cakes. He'd acquired such a sweet tooth since getting here. With his hand in his pocket, he reached around feeling the amount of money. He sighed, only feeling a few sickles and knuts. Just another thing to add to the list of downsides in this time. He had brought enough money to last him for the year, but it had gone by much faster than he'd anticipated. Worst part of it; he can't go to Gringott's or anything. His Potter vault probably wasn't the same one he'd remembered it to be.

He assumed Fleamont Potter wouldn't appreciate a stranger poking around at his life savings. Although, the thought of possibly finding his grandfather and meeting him sounded lovely. There were so many things about this time he would almost kill to experience. But he can't grow attached to it. Harry already broke one of his rules of not dragging attention to himself by becoming friends with Rubeus Hagrid and some other Gryffindors. Now with that status, he was a house traitor among most of the Slytherins.

Honestly, that was fine with him. He'd already considered himself a traitor among them. The way he saw it, they were only collateral in his mission. Gryffindor, however, was his true house. While he spent most of his time in the Slytherin commons, attempting to get to know some of the other students during his time there (attempt is a strong word for it), he finally sees what would happen if he would've been placed in Slytherin his year one. Nothing much about him has changed in this time. He still battles their stereotypes for blood purity, not succumbing to it despite his father's pure blood status. Although, no one here even knows his real last name.

Funny enough, Dumbledore had the right idea coming up with a new last name for the boy. It wasn't too long being here that he'd asked upon the chances of a Potter being in this school. Hagrid had informed him of a Potter graduating the previous year, right before asking him of his interest in the family.

To be honest, Harry just loved the idea of his father's family roaming around the halls of this school. It brought him great comfort.

Although he was grateful none remained in the castle, knowing he'd be at risk of giving away his identity to them. Nonetheless, his thoughts always wandered to the possibility of meeting his grandparents after this mission is finished. If that is even possible.

Harry always pondered how he would be able to finish this. He lacked the proper mindset to recognize when he'd met the necessities for this mission. Especially with his newborn feelings towards Tom. Now everything was complicated and much more difficult. How was he even supposed to leave this timeline now that he realized he loves him and all. It was something he forced himself not to center his thoughts on.