Second: His Side

Magsimula sa umpisa

I just listened to him.

"Our company has been bankrupt. It may sound so cliché and absurd, but I have to marry someone to save our company. The company my father built with pure blood and sweat. I have to choose between my family and Fia. Ang hirap. Parang test. Sa dami ng choices mo, you can't choose because you don't know what's right to pick. Na you're hoping na sana, may bonus. But I just can't. Kailangan kong timbangin ang mga bagay so that I'll arrive on the right answer. I need to perfect the exam or pass it with flying colors. I need to save the company and as well as  my family. I always wanted my Dad to be proud of me. And he gave me a chance to prove it. A chance i never intended to grab" his eyes were completely pooled with pain and sadness

He stopped as he wiped his tears away.

"Fia? She's been my bestfriend. A confidante and a lover. It was really hard for me to choose. But then, I made up my mind that I will choose her no matter what. I'll fight for her and would never give her up. It was the last thing I would do. But, fate is really cruel with me. Coz you know what? My mom is sick. Breast cancer and she needed an immediate operation. Since, we're bankcrupt we had no choice but to ask for someone else's help. And I had no choice but to marry that woman. Sila kasi yung tumulong. I can't let my mother die. But I can't bear to lose FIA too"

My eyes started to water. Sht. Ang drama pala ng buhay ng lalaking to.

"I treated her cold and became distant at her. I wanna think kaya lumayo muna ako for a while. Habang nasa process ako ng pag.iisip, i received a phone call. My mother was rushed into the hosp. Kailangan na talagang maoperahan. I talk to Mr.Smith, w/c turns out to be my fiancé's father. He agreed to help us but I need to push thru the wedding. They left me no choice. And I decided to accept it. I can't risk my mom's life"

I'm speechless.

"Since that day, I really dettached myself from Fi. Sabi ko, okay na to. Kesa naman masaktan ko pa siya lalo. Yung thought na hindi ako deserving sa love niya, yun ung nagpapahina sa akin. Pero i chose that lame excuse para katwiranan yung mga bagay na ginawa ko. Luckily, my mom survived. Pero ako? Tangna. Nilamon ng kalungkutan. Do you know how it feels na unti unti ko siyang pinakakawalan? Sobrang torture non para sakin. But i endured it all para maprotektahan siya. I don't want to torn her heart into pieces. Pero sa pag.iingat kong yun, ako pala yung nakasira ng puso niya" he combed his hair with his trembling hands. I can see his eyes red and how tears came rolling continously.

"Dala ng sobrang frustration, galit at sakit, i make out with someone i didn't know. But then I saw Fia. Shet lang. I never explained myself to her. Ayokong malaman niya yung totoo. Kaya tiniis ko. Sabi ko pa nga, wow, sign na to. Siguro naman makakalimutan niya na ako dahil sa pagkamuhi niya. But then, she forgive me. Lalo akong nagalit sa sarili ko. Sa lintik na choice na yan! She doesn't deserve it. Kaya lumayo ako. But I never broke up with her. Hindi ko kaya"

"And then one day, I happened to listen on the radio. I tuned in on your station and listened to your program" he sarcastically smiled at me.

"I almost cried upon hearing her voice. Dun ko lang nalaman lahat ng nararamdaman niya. I was busy fixing my own issues kaya hindi ko yun nalaman. I wanna punch myself that night. Sabi ko pa, don't let me go Fi. Dun ko lang narealize na hindi ko kayang mawala siya. Kaya I called Mr.Smith and cancelled the wedding. Sabi ko babayaran ko nalang yung nagastos nila. I ended the call and narinig ko mula sa radio na ileletgo na niya ako. Sinunod ka niya"

I bit my lower lip. Guilt eats me.

"But, she said she's still hoping na babalik ka" i said

"Yeah. I thought she would never give up.  Not until she called and broke up with me. And the next thing I knew, she's gone"

"I-i am sorry"

"You don't have to Kara. It's my fault too. If only I knew how to handle her. If only I have followed my heart, we won't be apart. I guess, i'm too late"

I lifted my face and smiled at him

"No! Kaya nga tutulungan kita diba. Now that I knew na you really love her, we'll start doing things to have her back!"

I saw him enlightened. He smiled.

"Thank you,Dj Kars" he grinned

We both laughed in unison.

"No worries. So tomorrow. We'll do the process okay?"

We both smiled. 

Why am I so judgmental. Tch. Now I realized that, he really had his reasons. And sacrificing alot for the girl he love? It's a wow wow for me :)