Day 2

*beeep* *beeep*
"Shut up..." I groan as I turn my alarm on my phone off. 'I guess dad set an alarm up before I left. He's always one step ahead...' I sit up in bed as I realize I left my old school uniform on. I rush out of bed and try to look for a new uniform. It seems like this school has no uniform...but in the Fire Nation every school had a uniform.
"I guess I'll wear this." I tell myself as I put on a red T-shirt, black ripped jeans, red converse, and my Tiger Lily necklace. I stuff my phone in my pocket, garb some toast, and head out the door. Problem is... I don't know how to get there. I stop a nearby person to ask for directions.
"Excuse me... do you know where Republic High is?"
"New around her ey? Well just keep going straight down this sidewalk till you see the campus. You won't miss it!"
"Thank you!" I say before stuffing the toast in my mouth and rushing to school.

I enter through the huge front gates and see people bussling everywhere. They're all wearing different clothing and have different hairstyles. Even their demeanors are different! I walk farther in as I bumped into someone.
"Oh! Sorry!" The girl with a high ponytail said while giggling.
"Oh no, I'm sorry. I didn't see where I was going."
"Oh that's ok!" She said while  giving me a big smile.
"Are you new here?" She asked as she fidgeted with her fingers.
"Uh... yes I am. I just came from the Fire Nation."
"Really!?" The girl squealed with excitement in her eyes. "Me and my friends come from there!" She started clapping her hands and jumping up and down excitedly.
"Oh. Great, I'm glad to know I'm not the only outsider."
"Huh?" She asked tilting her head till I saw two other figures approaching.
"A new girl?" The one with bangs asked in a monotone voice.
"Yup!" The girl I was talking with replied.
"Hi I'm Azula. Now, I hope I get to talk to you sometime, but right now I'm very busy." The girl with round sunglasses says with a smirk before leaving with the two other girls.
"NICE MEETING YOU!" The girl in the ponytail yells waving her hand in the air.
"Maybe I'll make some friends this year..." I mumble to myself.
"No. You do nooottt want to be friends with them."
I let out a small gasp as I turn to see a water tribe boy, with a shaved head on two sides, tan skin, and blue eyes.
"Trust me. You want to be friends  with us." The guy says as he motions to another water bender, an earth bender, a guy in a hoodie, a non bender, and the avatar?! My eyes widen as a slow smile creeps onto his face.
"Now... we do have high standards. So if you want to join you'll have to take a little test." He said while stroking an imaginary beard, with a weird accent. I let out a chuckle as the others seemed to notice the guy's disapearance and walked over to our direction.
"Sokka, who's your friend?" The avatar ,Aang, asked as he gave his signature wide smile. I gulped as they all swarmed me.
"Hey guys, I was talking to her first!" Sokka yells as they push him to the back.
"Hey, I'm Suki!"
"I'm Katara. Nice to meet you."
"I'm Aang! Let's be friends"
"Why're we surrounding this girl?"
"Hey...guys give her some space." The guy in the hoodie said while dragging me out of the crowd. They all wore guilty smiles and laughed nervously.
"Sorry about them, they're just excited to meet you." I looked up to see a guy with golden eyes, a scar, and brownish black hair. But the main thing I noticed was the small sweet smile he wore on his face. I returned the gesture and walked to the center of the circle the group had formed.
"Hi. I'm Minhi. I'm new here, I just transferred from the Fire Nation. So I'm new in Republic City."
"Hey! Do you need the schedule? I could help you get it from the main office!" Aang said with a huge smile. Katara glared at him then looked at me.
"I think I should go with Minhi." Katara stated as she linked my arm with hers and started to walk me to the office. She was looking behind us the whole time, probably at Aang.
"So. You like Aang?"
"What?!" Katara replied with a crimson red face. I let out a small chuckle and nodded my head in success.
"I knew it! I'll root for you guys, you'd make a cute couple." I said before we reached the front of the office.
"I better go. Class will be starting soon." Katara says while smiling at me then leaves. I take a deep breath as I go into the office and ask for the schedule. Once it's given to me I hear the bell ring.
"I don't want to be late on the first day." I groan to myself as I go to my first class. English.

I scan the room and see the guy with the hoodie by the window. I take the seat next to him as he turns to me surprised.
"Hey I didn't quite catch your name." I whisper to him.
"Zuko." He says quietly as he looks out the window.
'Hmmm, not much of a talker I guess.'
I look over to Zuko and he's still looking out the window. The teacher comes over and yanks the hoodie off his head and glares at him.
"What have I told you? NO HOODIES OR HATS IN CLASS!" The teacher then went back to the front to continue her lesson.
"Jeez..." Zuko mutters under his breath as he starts to copy some of my notes. Once he caught up he copies them from off the board.
"Class, I'll be right back. I need to talk with Mr.Hayato from the neighboring class." As the teacher left the room the class erupted with noise and chatter.
"Hey Zuzu." I glance to my side to see the girl from before smirking at Zuko. "How's my favorite little brother?"
"Azula, what're doing in my class?" Zuko asks through gritted teeth.
"Can't I just come to see my brother?"
"No you can't."
"Well fine then. I hope dad doesn't get angry at you for that sour attitude." Then as soon as Azula came she left.
"What's that about?" I ask Zuko motioning to were Azula was.
"What do you mean? She's always like that." Zuko replies, obviously in a bad mood.
"I would think...that siblings would get along better. At least I did with mine." I replied as Zuko looks at me slightly intrigued.
"You have siblings?" He asks with a softer tone.
"I had siblings. They're... deceased now." I said sadly as I looked away. I could feel my eyes tear up,but I tried to suck in the tears as much as possible.
"Oh... I'm sorry." Zuko replied sounding even sadder then I did.
"It's ok. It's all in the past anyways." I reply with a giant smile. "Besides... they'd want me to smile for them, not cry for them." Zuko looked at me slightly amazed then furrowed his brows.
"Then how will they know you're sad?"
I stared at him dumbfounded then let out a little chuckle.
"Well, we intentionally cry for deceased loved ones. But if we laugh more and not cry as much they'd know we miss them, but they'd also know that they shouldn't feel guilty of dieing." I said while looking down at my necklace fondly.
"That's...thats a nice way to put. I like how you see it." Zuko said with an inkling of a smile about to show up on his face.
"Well thank you, my mom told me that when I needed her advice the most." I said with a sad smile. "I hope we don't get this deep every time we talk." I say laughing. Zuko let's out a small laugh and a smile grows on his face.
"Yeah I hope not. We might get too deep. Jeez..." He said covering his face with his hands.
'I think I'm going to like it here ' is what I thought, and I did. Although, everyday wasn't the best, some were worse then others.