Girl Meets Sneak Attack [Part 3]

The halls of John Quincy Adams middle school were relatively quite for once since the school day had finally come to a close. Only a few 'lucky' students remained now. One of those students being Amelia, who rounded the corner of the hallway and started heading to Mr. Matthews classroom. Her eyes widened when she noticed Ben heading in the same direction she was.

"Is this where the party is?"

Mia snorted at how nonchalant he was acting at that moment. "Not the kind of party that you would enjoy. What landed you in detention with all the rebels." The 'rebels' part mostly a joke about what Maya and Riley had decided to do in order to get themselves detention. Amelia was still laughing over what her best friends had done whenever she reimagined it.

"Well it certainly wasn't because I was wandering the hallways without a pass if that's what you're thinking. That would just be ridiculous." Ben retorted in a mock serious tone as he lead the way into detention.

On the desks inside of Mr. Matthews classroom there were little place cards. One with Missy's name on it sat far away from all the others and Amelia grinned at Riley's tenacity; she really wasn't going down without a fight. Though the grin faltered a little bit at the sight of a place card with Ben's name on it right next to her own spot.

"You knew Ben was going to be here?" Mia whispered to Riley as she sat down behind her.

The brunette in question got wide eyes as she shook her head. "No, nope, no clue that Ben was planning on joining yo- us in detention." Was her unconvincing response. Mia rolled her eyes, but nonetheless smiled at the spastic response.

Now the group of friends was seated, awaiting the arrival of the last two people. All of them had out something to work on, occupying their time while they waited. When Missy came strutting in, Amelia smirked at the shocked look on her face when she noticed just how 'alone' her and Lucas were going to be.

"How you doing?" Riley seemed surprisingly relaxed. Though Mia was sure that on the inside the brunette was a nervous wreck.

Missy narrowed her eyes, fixating on the brunette. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm a bad girl." Riley remarked.

"Yeah, you don't want to mess with this one." Maya added on.

Amelia leaned over her desk and rested her chin on Riley's shoulder. "She's a wild one, I'd be careful around her."

Missy scoffed and then picked up the piece of paper Riley had decorated with her name. Frowning, the girl looked at Riley in disdain. "What are these? Place cards?"

"Yep," She responded with a happy smile. "and you sit over there."

Missy glanced at the desk in the far corner with her name atop it. Instead of taking the seat that had been 'assigned' to her, she dropped her stuff on the desk next to where Lucas was sitting. "I think this seat has my name on it, actually."

Mia squinted at the desk, "Really? I don't see it anywhere."

Corey stood up from his spot at his desk, ready to start off the detention now that everyone was present. "All right, guys. I like my detention to have a little learning in it. So I'd like to continue talking about Pearl Harbor and what happened after the sneak attack. The world was at war and alliances were forged in battle and were made stronger because of that."

Interrupting the lesson, Farkle poked his head in. "What is this place?"

Corey shook his head, "It's detention, Farkle. It's not for you."

But the boy ignored the comment and entered the classroom. He set his stuff on the desk in front of Ben, smiling at all of his friends now that they were together. "If my friends are in it, then it's for me."