Chapter 23: "Wedding Day".

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE - "Wedding Day".

     It's already 6 o'clock in the night. We gather at the beach, along the sandy shores of the coast. The place isn't populated with other people, but only the both of us, the priest and his friends. I bet Lucas spent more than hundreds to have the place shut for the night. He wants everything to be perfect, Lucas tells me. It wouldn't hurt if I had a nice, secretive wedding, would it?

The ceremony gave me butterflies in my stomach. My seams of my cram dress sways gently with the wind, at the same time my dyed dark brown hair did. I tuck it in, so my hair wouldn't cover my face. I walk towards the priest who was standing in front of the aisle, just a few inches away from Lucas.

     The priest had a silly blond mustache, just like the color of his hair. He dressed just like what Priests wore, he had an odd smile on his face like he has been waiting for me to walk down this aisle.

     I wonder what my parents would be thinking now. Are they happy for me? Will they be proud of the decisions I had made? How I wish they're here to see me walk down this aisle. At least to see them happy.

Just a second after drowning into my own consciousness, I hear a whisper from my own mind. Are you happy, it asked me.

I know that I am. I may only be thinking too much.

Lucas was a bit nervous. There's 20 of us in the gathering and some were my friends, and his. He wore a tux, which I chose for him. He liked it, but didn't as much as.... Loki did.

Okay, enough with that nonesense! I'm getting married with the sweetest man there is and I am lucky enough to be wed. Loki isn't here, and he left me hanging. I should forget about him and move on.

The priest starts to introduce us. As he spoke, I turn to face Lucas in front of me. My eyes glance from his shoes and to his eyes. The moment I faced Lucas was the moment I saw Loki. All I could think of was Loki. Then I ask myself, where could he possibly be?

The priest continues the ceremony and I respond with a smile. Time goes on, and we exchange vows.

"Lucas, Do you take Alice as your..." the priest continues, and lucas agrees.

"Alice, Do you...." He continues. I hold a pause, then answer, "Yes. I do." I smile.

Lucas' smile turns into a grin. He holds my hand, as the priest continues with his words.

The vows felt like hours of nervousness and doubt. I felt like we've been there for hours.

Most of the time, I stare at the sea. Its calm waves splashing against the shores, and the weather kept its fairness.

     "I pronounce you... Husband, and Wife." the priest pauses, "You may now kiss your Bride." He smiles at us both.

We both pause. Lucas looks back at me, like he was waiting for this moment all his life. After the days we've spent together, he could finally press his lips against mine.

I step towards him, and we slowly reach for each other's lips.

He puts his arm around my waist as I place my hand on his shoulder. I close my eyes and kiss him gently.. and dude, by the time I kiss him, his lips goes cold.. just like--Loki's.

My eyes widen, the time our kiss went deeper, I slowly pull myself away. 

I place my index finger on my lip. I felt confusion.

He looks back at me, and by the time our kiss had ended, his face..and his form..changed. His hair, from a golden brown color went to a dark slick hair; and his lips turns into a faded red. He's still wearing the tuxedo; and his eyes... how could I have been so stupid? They had the same eye color.

He turned into the form of Loki.

     Lucas--or should I say-- Loki's friends' eyes winden, and even the Priest (or if he is).He took his robe-sort-of-thing off revealing an armor. Then his friends looks at each other. How could I not realize that Lucas only had one woman on his side, his sister. Or should I say, Loki's friend, a Goddess.

     He is Loki Laufeyson all along. My lips tremble, and my fists clench. Before I could even flip out, a thick bolt of lighting flashes at the side. We all gasp in surprise, and Loki turns to face the man behind.