⟅Chapter 06⟆ Family Feud

Start from the beginning

"Why would you do that!" She yelled while crying. I furrowed my eyebrows wondering why she would ask that.

"What do you mean? Did you not hear the words that came out of your mouth?! Mommy he hit you! I'm not going to let him get away with that!" I yelled. Is she serious? I don't care who he is no one's hitting my mom or any female in my family period.

"Girl you better watch yo mouth! Now I was going to handle this bye myself but you ruined it!" She yelled at me. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Are you crazy–Yo you know what I can't do this! I'm out!" I said as I left her hold and walked out the kitchen.

"What do you mean your out?!" She asked following me.

"Ma I'm moving out! I can't stay here with an abuser. You need to tell him to leave ma! This isn't healthy, healthy for you or us!" I said turning around and meeting her brown eyes. I scanned her eyes seeing that she was hurt. I walked away and made my way over to the stairs walking up the short flight. I made my way into my room packing my bags aggressively. I made sure I had everything except things I couldn't take which were heavy. I will have to get them another day. I just want to get the hell up out of here. Bring my bags down the stairs I saw that the front door was opened wide and my sisters consoling my crying mother. My younger sister approached me when I made my way over to the door.

"Is this a bad time to tell you I'm pregnant?" She asked and my eyes widened. Is she fucking serious.

"Yes! Am I always the last one to find out about things?!" I yelled turning to everyone scanning their bodies. It was silent the only thing you could hear was my mother sniffling. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Let me guess Kiana your pregnant too?"I said sarcastically and she froze.

"You told her?!" Kiana yelled at Briana.

"No but you just did" Briana mumbled but loud enough for everyone to hear.

"What the fuck is wrong with y'all? We used to tell each other everything! I know we're my perfect but damn!" I yelled. I grabbed my suitcases and my duffle bags and loaded them into my car. They all came running out behind me.

"Where are you going?" Kiana asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Away and I don't think I'm coming back" I said closing the trunk then walking over to the drivers side of my car and getting in. I started the car rolled my windown.

"Baby please don't go!" My mom said with hurt in her voice. I almost broke down right then in there but I held my tears.

"I'm sorry mommy I can't stay here. Be safe I love you guys. Make sure you change the locks" I said and rolled up my window. I backed out the driveway and down the road, tears begin to slip as I drove further and further away from what I used to call home.

With my bags in hand I knocked on the faded green door waiting for someone to open the door. I looked up at the corners of the door and noticed spiderwebs. I scoffed in disgust and shuddered. My attention was now on the door opening as a person appeared before me.

"Natalie what are you doing here" Dalvin said.

"Hey to you too Dal" I said giggling while He smiled slightly at me.

"Hey Nat. Anyways what are you doing here" He asked again.

"I need a place to stay. Don't worry I'll help pay rent" I said as I hit the inside of my cheek waiting for an answer. He looked at me before sighing.

"Fine. Let me help you with your bags" He said going around me and carrying some bags. I walked into the dim apartment. I looked around the place seeing that it was quite dirty. Cobwebs on the lights, the carpet was torn up, and a full garbage. My nose scrunched up at the smell. I turned to look at Dalvin who was struggling with bags. I giggled and put my bags down on the coffee table. I made my way over to him and grabbed some bags to make it easier to him.

"Aye I got it" He said.

"Sure you do" I said while laughing. I put them where the rest of the bags were and Dalvin did the same.

"Just to let you know we only have one bedroom and we alternate between each other. So this week it's my turn for the bed but I'll let you have it" He said.

"Nah it's ok. I'll sleep somewhere else" I said while looking around.

"You sure?" He said and I nodded.

"Be careful, do not leave food out. We have bugs and mice" He said.

"Ok–ahhh" I yelled and jumped into his arms.

"W-what?!" He asked scared as well.

"Something ran across my shoes"  I said and he put me down.

"That was a mouse" He said and I sighed.

"If I see it I'm going to stomp on it" I said and his face scrunched up.

"What?"

"I'm going to stomp on it. You never did that before?"

"Nope and I'm not going to. I'll just use the traps instead" He said and I nodded. It became quite as we stood there looking at each other.

"Where are the guys?" I asked breaking the silence.

"They're getting more traps and food" He said.

"Oh"

"Yeah. Well I let you get situated. I gotta shit" He said and my face scrunched up.

"Didn't need to know that" I said and he chuckled then walking away. I turned and looked at my bags.

"This is going to take awhile" I said to myself.

Home Sweet Home?

The second part of this is coming.